Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Groomer called her fat!

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaB View Post
    I didn't know that about the ears. She had one that is perfect but the other one was sticking up really high and looked funny. The glue wore off and now it's much better. Just being curious, why don't people agree with that? I know a lot of breeds have their ears glued to train them to lay right...we always had to do it with our shelties and collies when I was growing up.
    They think it's cruel and serves no real purpose.

Personally, I don't know how I feel. But recently, I was talking to the owner of one of Blues brothers, found out that my breeder glued the entire litters ears. For some reason, I don't remember if she told us or not.
    But I do remember there was a lot of goop that I couldn't get off.

At 9 weeks old I took him to the vet (for a different reason) and found out he also had an ear infection. Now mind you, he is not prone to ear infections so yeah, I blame the glue and all the crap I went through to get it off.

At the same time, I keep hearing that floppy ears are a breeding ground for infections. So rose ears are definitely better in that regard. But at the same time, some bulldogs are just prone to infections rose ear or not.

Either way, I don't really have an opinion on it.

Real Name
    Olivia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle
    Likes (Received)

Wow...personally I don't see any cruelty in it at all but I respect other opinions. Belle just had a tiny dab of glue and she never seemed to notice it. Now actually cropping ears is a different story but I've never seen any dog mind a bit of glue. I'm glad you told me though..I had no idea that it was controversial at all.
    "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
    ― Charles de Gaulle

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I had NO idea gluing ears was a thing, but I was looking at frank and realized he has one floppy ear and one rose ear! just another way he is my unique little babe I guess. haha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Glue??? NOOOOO, we call that the Scooby Doo ear. Look for a groomer that you feel good about and your baby feels good about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Rude.. We have people tell us all the time that ours our fat.. I'm like no they are just right.Get informed people

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I don't know... it's one thing to say: -"Aww, you lill fat adorable ball of fur". I accept from people when they obviously are saying it as a good thing, cos truthfully bulldogs are rounder than most breeds, fat or not If my vet or anyone else would just say: -"Bring the fat Bulldog", I would inform them that my bulldog isn't fat and I would give them the stinky eye.

She doesn't look fat at all and she probably isn't, either way, it's a bit harsh to say something like that, especially if you can't tell if it was a joke or not... She should have made it clear she was meaning it as a compliment or a cute statement. I'm sensitive about my bulldogs, if a person don't appreciate my dogs I simply don't like that person
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

OHHHH your nicer than me i would have said something nasty nice to her!!!!!!!!!! who does she think she is, your baby probably looks better than her!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaB View Post
    I took Belle for a spa day today. She needed her nails done and we had a rainy week so I thought a bath wouldn't hurt either. I have a bad shoulder so bathing a dog is hard for me. I met the groomer last week and I was happy with her. It's a small salon but it's modern and clean. When I picked her up, she was clean and her nails looked great. The groomer/owner caught me off guard though because she called out to her assistant to bring up the "fat bulldog". Uhhhh...excuse me?? I looked at her funny and she smiled and said again, "Yeah, this lady is here for the big fat bulldog." I couldn't really tell if she was joking or not but it seemed like she was serious. I've only owned Belle for a week but her breeder told me that her body condition was ideal when I picked her up. She hasn't changed since then. I know bulldogs are built thicker than other dogs so maybe this lady just isn't familiar with them? Belle has a lot of loose wrinkly skin but I can still feel her ribs although they aren't visible. I feel like she's in great condition but I wasn't happy to hear someone calling her fat...thoughts? Maybe I'm just being too sensitive. She's my baby though and I don't think that was a good thing to say to a new client
    In the words of Fluffy guy, " I am not fat, I am fluffy"😄😄

I get that all the time about Pork Chop, my girl.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Oh my. Ya I would of had something to say. I'm very sensitive when it comes to Daisy.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Give your business to somebody with better social and business skills!

- - - Updated - - -

Give your business to somebody with better social and business skills!

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

I don't care if my baby is fat, that was just downright rude and uncalled for. I would find a new place. From your pick I don't think that Belle looks fat at all. She looks like she has good definition in her waist.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads