binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
How old is the pup? Also, this has been mentioned but if he doesn't get enough physical exercise . mental exercise will tire him out just as fast! Give him a roast bone to chew on, also teach him some tricks, and make him work for it.... HARD! Also, they have these toys where a dog has to try and find the treat. That works as well.... And when walking to pup put the leash around the top part of the head, almost near his ears. Do NOT let him go outside with high energy because he WILL pull. Make sure to calm him down and when walking, go out the door first and guide him. It does take some work, LOTS of work. But you will get there <3 And you are not a failure.

Puppy is almost 8 months old (in 9 days). We do have one of those toys but as he's food aggressive, we didn't give it to him anymore. Thanks for the tips, only one issue... I'm afraid of my baby! Yup, don't wanna be anywhere near him. :cry:And no, I've never was until this past November. :-\ Again, thanks. :)

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
I'm so sorry to hear about Chubbs and your relationship issue. I hope that him being at your FIL's for a bit will help him get rid of the pent up energy and possibly help with the food aggression issue. We are wishing the best for you and Chubbs during this difficult time. I also want to say that you are not a failure. You have been trying many things to help this situation. Good luck~ :assurred:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
@RiiSi @Cali Doll @OliviaB @dolphin @2BullyMama @Vikinggirl @Manydogs @Donnam @ChrisRN
Thanks all, I greatly appreciate all of your support. News report, apparently he's naughty and good. He still hasn't submitted to anyone, Henry or Rusty. FIL asked if it's okay with us if he got a shock collar, start with the vibration setting. FIL's arm is hurting from the leash 'jerking'. Other than that, thankfully no one as gotten hurt yet.

I saw "Ceasar 911" on Friday night, a couple of episodes in which he used a vibrating collar to correct aggression in several dogs with great success.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Praying for you & for Chubbs. I hope he comes around with your FIL, so that eventually he can come back home. It may take someone else being the alpha for him to learn. Hoping for the best.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
@RiiSi @Cali Doll @OliviaB @dolphin @2BullyMama @Vikinggirl @Manydogs @Donnam [MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION]
Thanks all, I greatly appreciate all of your support. News report, apparently he's naughty and good. He still hasn't submitted to anyone, Henry or Rusty. FIL asked if it's okay with us if he got a shock collar, start with the vibration setting. FIL's arm is hurting from the leash 'jerking'. Other than that, thankfully no one as gotten hurt yet.

Does your FIL know how to properly use hose collars? I'm never a fan of them. From following the story, it really does sound like Chubbs needs much more mental and physical stimulation than your lifestyle might allow. As much as you're attached and I know you've put in a lot of effort...I really hate to suggest it, but perhaps Chubbs's reputation precedes him with you and your family and it might be time, however sadly, to think about a different home for him. It makes me upset just to think about it.

I'm lucky my bully isn't aggressive, but he has endless energy and I'm not sure he'd be ok in a less active household. I wonder if Chubbs has a similar energy level and it's leaving him frustrated...

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Does your FIL know how to properly use hose collars? I'm never a fan of them. From following the story, it really does sound like Chubbs needs much more mental and physical stimulation than your lifestyle might allow. As much as you're attached and I know you've put in a lot of effort...I really hate to suggest it, but perhaps Chubbs's reputation precedes him with you and your family and it might be time, however sadly, to think about a different home for him. It makes me upset just to think about it.

I'm lucky my bully isn't aggressive, but he has endless energy and I'm not sure he'd be ok in a less active household. I wonder if Chubbs has a similar energy level and it's leaving him frustrated...

Thank you for your input. None of it matters anymore. Chubbs is now living with my cousin (2 week trial). My cousin has a female bully who's a few months older. When they met the other day, the female was extremely dominate, much more than Chubbs is used to. Actually, it was to the point he was a little scared. We met at a parking next to a kids baseball park. The 2 of them run lighting fast! Haha

My cousin has been awesome, sending me pix of the 2. It kinda hurt at first but I was really happy that she asked... she wanted to change his name to Will. Now she has a Will to her Grace. I think they'll be happy which is all I want. [emoji53] [emoji22]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427991273727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427991273727.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427991303047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427991303047.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35

Members online

No members online now.