TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Hi Everyone, Hope all the Bullies are doing well. Recently Maximus has been developing bad tear stains. He was on Fromm Salmon , then I switch to Acana Duck and Barlett Pear and its not getting any better? Anybody had problems with this food? I cleaned them everyday. Usually in the mornings, they are gone.

Heres the ingredients on Acana

INGREDIENTSDuck meal, deboned duck*, green lentils, red lentils, duck liver*, pears*, duck fat, greenpeas, yellow peas, algae, garbanzo beans, pumpkin*, carrots*, freeze-dried duck liver, kelp,chicory root, ginger root, peppermint leaf, lemon balm, mixed tocopherols (preservative),dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product. *DELIVERED FRESH

IMG_0136.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It looks like a good food. Maybe he has an issue with Duck, or maybe it's not the food, just environmental.

How long has he been on the Acana? You need to give it about a month to see if it works or not.

OP
T

TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
he has been on it for 2 weeks

It looks like a good food. Maybe he has an issue with Duck, or maybe it's not the food, just environmental.

How long has he been on the Acana? You need to give it about a month to see if it works or not.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I had to switch Ace almost 4 times within 12 months until I got to Fromms Lamb and Lentil. He still has allergies, but I'm assuming it's environmental due a positive significant change on shedding and tear stains. He may have an allergy with the duck, or even the pear! I pinned ace's stain on sweet potato cause the last food i tried had more sweet potato and he started getting burgundy paws after 1 back. I believe it was TOW.

OP
T

TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I decided to take him off Acana. He's stool didnt look right and he's been exploding late night in his crate. So I put him back to Fromm. I've been reading about Raw Food diets and BARF diet for bulldogs.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I decided to take him off Acana. He's stool didnt look right and he's been exploding late night in his crate. So I put him back to Fromm. I've been reading about Raw Food diets and BARF diet for bulldogs.

Are you transiting when you are switching foods? Its very hard on their bellies if not, just making sure.

OP
T

TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Yes I would add Acana with Fromm for a week but I dont think he's ready for it. Its my fault for being impatient with his tear stains. Thanks

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes I would add Acana with Fromm for a week but I dont think he's ready for it. Its my fault for being impatient with his tear stains. Thanks

Okay good. Just making sure :) Yes, it could def take a while - remember they have to completely get rid of the prior food in their system, and have time to pick up on the new one before you can tell :)

Members online

No members online now.