Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Rosalie i dont think im going to do it slowly but surely, im just gonna do it right away, its really got me a nervous wreck :scared:

I would still do a slow change or do bland diet a few days to transition, otherwise she may get very sick from the change- it's just too different of a food bc it is the worst food- so like mcdonalds everyday to a lean steak and salad..... bulldogs do not do well with a change like that. Bland diet is the BEST option.

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I would still do a slow change or do bland diet a few days to transition, otherwise she may get very sick from the change- it's just too different of a food bc it is the worst food- so like mcdonalds everyday to a lean steak and salad..... bulldogs do not do well with a change like that. Bland diet is the BEST option.

ok ill do that, shes gonna love this bland diet thing compared to dog food lol shes not gonna want to stop eating that at all haha

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I don't blame you. I feed Frankie Merrick grain free Buffalo and sweet potato. That food has a good rating. Also you can look into the Blue Buffalo limited ingredient grain free. I know you should always do a slow transition, but god forbid, I could not take the chance. She might get diarreah but you can deal with that with pumpkin. Let me know what you pick and how she does.

Hey, I have Goob on Merrick Grain Free Real Texas Beef but I was going to switch him to the Buffalo this weekend. How do you guys like it? Have you tried any of the other flavors from Merrick?

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
This is why i love this site so much and all of you, you are so very sweet!!! :)

Hey, just wanted to send a tip that I found worked well with Goob though he is younger than Cami. Goob had hurt his hind leg and we kept him somewhat inactive for a couple months (only walks...no jumping or running). I noticed that he was gaining some weight because of his limited mobility but I didn't want to increase his exercise until his leg improved. So instead of a FULL cup of food at breakfast and dinner, I gave him a little less. It was MORE than 3/4 of a cup but less than the full cup. It was such a slight difference but I noticed that he stopped gaining weight and we actually got him down 5 pound with no other changes.

I'm not sure how your Cami will do eating a little less kibble for her meals but just a suggestion if you were worried about her diet and weight.

We feed Goob Merrick and he LOVES it. We give him the Grain Free Real Texas Beef but might be switching to Buffalo this weekend:)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hey, just wanted to send a tip that I found worked well with Goob though he is younger than Cami. Goob had hurt his hind leg and we kept him somewhat inactive for a couple months (only walks...no jumping or running). I noticed that he was gaining some weight because of his limited mobility but I didn't want to increase his exercise until his leg improved. So instead of a FULL cup of food at breakfast and dinner, I gave him a little less. It was MORE than 3/4 of a cup but less than the full cup. It was such a slight difference but I noticed that he stopped gaining weight and we actually got him down 5 pound with no other changes.

I'm not sure how your Cami will do eating a little less kibble for her meals but just a suggestion if you were worried about her diet and weight.

We feed Goob Merrick and he LOVES it. We give him the Grain Free Real Texas Beef but might be switching to Buffalo this weekend:)

Thank you! I did this some time back and you're right, she lost weight!
Then I moved 2 times in 6 months (not planned) and have been here only
4 months so need to get back to HER needs again. I've already got the
measuring cup out due to your good urging and will make up the difference
w/green beans as YES, she will grumble ;) In my avatar, she's turned funny
between my son's legs and he's taking her pic downwards, Cami has a massive
chest and big frame, in fact, is a retired breeder because of being a big, healthy
girl. She's about 66 lbs and needs to be about 58 lbs, I'm dieting too so we'll be
grumpy old broads together, lol

Hoping Goob stays well, he is a handsome bully! GOD bless you all.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Thank you! I did this some time back and you're right, she lost weight!
Then I moved 2 times in 6 months (not planned) and have been here only
4 months so need to get back to HER needs again. I've already got the
measuring cup out due to your good urging and will make up the difference
w/green beans as YES, she will grumble ;) In my avatar, she's turned funny
between my son's legs and he's taking her pic downwards, Cami has a massive
chest and big frame, in fact, is a retired breeder because of being a big, healthy
girl. She's about 66 lbs and needs to be about 58 lbs, I'm dieting too so we'll be
grumpy old broads together, lol

Hoping Goob stays well, he is a handsome bully! GOD bless you all.

It's funny you say that. I was on the phone with my dad, telling him about MY weight loss plans (PLANS!) and I said, "Ya, Goob needs to lose a few too so I'm restricting his diet." My dad then asked me how I was doing and I said..."I'm eating ice cream hahaha. I'm focusing on GOOB right now!" Goob is on the taller side for the breed I think and he just weighed in at 65 pounds.
I LOVE that face on your avatar. See looks like you restricted her food already and wondering where the rest is!! haha
20140927_141443.jpg20140927_141511.jpgbefore 20150212_161205.jpg 20150212_161154.jpgafter

not a big difference but he did lose weight I promise! lol

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I just recently found this out about Blue Buffalo myself and am freaking out a bit.Our two have been on Blue since puppies.They are on the Wilderness Salmon and from what I have read complaint wise its a Chicken issue.But its the company's reaction that I don't like.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I just recently found this out about Blue Buffalo myself and am freaking out a bit.Our two have been on Blue since puppies.They are on the Wilderness Salmon and from what I have read complaint wise its a Chicken issue.But its the company's reaction that I don't like.

I so agree, Christie, because, if they'll lie & deceive on one issue
so will they on other issues and it seems clear, they did lie while
knowing those grains & by products NOT listed in ingredients WERE
there! Which would lead me to be concerned of their source of salmon
(China) or use of banned & toxic fish preservatives that sicken & kill
susceptible pets. I feel your pain :(

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I always thought beneful was one of the better foods before I became a member here and read the food reviews. Their advertising campaign was relentlessly on TV here years ago...not so much lately. It has swayed so many people..the name itself implies a healthy food. I just found out my son feeds his pug beneful for years!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hey, I have Goob on Merrick Grain Free Real Texas Beef but I was going to switch him to the Buffalo this weekend. How do you guys like it? Have you tried any of the other flavors from Merrick?
we have tried thebuffalo and the lamb. We switch around when Frankie gets tired of a flavor.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We feed Life's Abundance, which has never been involved in a recall. The company knows where each bag is sent (it's shipped right to your door from the company) so that if there ever was a problem, they would immediately contact the customer. My dogs have loved it, and Mabel has thrived on it.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
My chihuahua eats this! She likes the chewy pieces. She rubs her head in Dexter's food like its rotten - any suggestions?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The bland diet to the new food is a good idea. I just didn't want Bella on the bad for any longer than necessary. Bland is the perfect solution.

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
The bland diet to the new food is a good idea. I just didn't want Bella on the bad for any longer than necessary. Bland is the perfect solution.

We shopped for about an hour and a half friday when i got off work for new food haha, we decided on the Blue Buffalo is that name right lol i looked at so many it isnt even funny, gonna see how she does with this so far so good she gobbles it up...thank you all for helping :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We shopped for about an hour and a half friday when i got off work for new food haha, we decided on the Blue Buffalo is that name right lol i looked at so many it isnt even funny, gonna see how she does with this so far so good she gobbles it up...thank you all for helping :)

:up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.