Beneful Food-help!!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It is scary!! I cant wait to get off work today so i can get new food!!!

So glad you are going with a better quality food!!!! Just keep in mind you won't find it at a Petco or Petsmart - The Fromms, Taste of the Wild, etc.... You'll have to search for a specialty pet store who carries those brands. You can go onto the Fromms website and search for retailers. However, BLUE, and Merrick, etc - those you can find in Petco, not sure what they have in your state :) Just a small FYI.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sadly, even Blue Buffalo, which changed hands not long ago, is under suspicion
and long time users are switching, just found this out last week @brutus77
More & more of these disgusting practices are happening as more, formerly
trusted brands are bought, often without disclosure of WHO the new owners are.

I'm on fixed income and widowed now, I feed TOTW Bison & Venison, a grain free
food however, it could happen to that company or any other at any time. I deal
with times of pain & disabling fatigue but I'm going to start making big batches of
homemade food for Cami on my better functioning days & buying a used freezer to
store it. She will be 7 y'o soon and needs to be as healthy as possible in all ways.
Thinking too, it will help her be leaner, I feed her a cup of kibble & a cup of green
beans 2 x daily but she's still overweight, she's extremely underactive :(

Good luck and let us know how y'all do in your change over.

My goodness, I hadn't heard that and here I am recommending it. I am going to google Merrick right now. I feed this to Frankie. Brutus is still on his RX food so I guess that is safe. :fie:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] As you know, we are both in the same "boat" health wise and wife wise. I also feed TOTW, and that comes from the same plant that makes Diamond.
After the Diamond scare, I pray every day that since they almost went under-that they are much more diligent now. It is the best food I can afford.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I just googled Merrick and there are not any recalls on the food. It looks like in 2010 there was a recall on the treats but nothing since then. :whew:

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
This is why i love this site so much and all of you, you are so very sweet!!! :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I use about 3/4 cup of white rice with boiled hamburger. I use some of the juice from the water I boiled the hamburger in to drizzle over the rice. If I have some on hand, I will also add a heaping tablespoon of cottage cheese.

If I have no hamburger, I will use chicken breast or tenderloins. Never bone in chicken- but if that is all I have I will pull the meat off the bone. [MENTION=3193]stacyhynum[/MENTION]

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I just googled Merrick and there are not any recalls on the food. It looks like in 2010 there was a recall on the treats but nothing since then. :whew:

Not a recall (yet) but something else, I'll look it up and let
y'all know...no panics yet, Honey!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Stacey, I agree with the others, it's best to change from Beneful. My vet always recommends to not buy your dog food from a grocery store or a big box store like Walmart. You are best to choose a food that is rated at a 4 Star or better, which you can find the ratings on the dog food rating under the Nutrition forum on the Home page on this site. It's best to feed EB's chicken, and grain free brands, as many bullies are allergic or sensitive to these ingredients, but every bully is different in what they can tolerate. There are many good brands to choose from.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3193]stacyhynum[/MENTION] Rice and hamburger at the market and then the new bag whenever. It'll all be ok! Buster + Bella = :heart:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Stacey, I agree with the others, it's best to change from Beneful. My vet always recommends to not buy your dog food from a grocery store or a big box store like Walmart. You are best to choose a food that is rated at a 4 Star or better, which you can find the ratings on the dog food rating under the Nutrition forum on the Home page on this site. It's best to feed EB's chicken, and grain free brands, as many bullies are allergic or sensitive to these ingredients, but every bully is different in what they can tolerate. There are many good brands to choose from.

Your welcome hun

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromm's is a great company & kibble, Cami had terrible gas
on the Chicken but I needed a less pricy option so went with
TOTW (Taste of the Wild) and good results.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would change too. Maybe you can find another brand with the same type of ingredients to minimize the risk of allergic reactions...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.