Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 45

Thread: Beneful Food-help!!!!

  1. #25
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2732

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Okay, here it is, it's about using by-products, etc found in their kibble
    BB advertises they DON'T use Poisoned Pets | A look inside the pet food industry -
    Titled, "Blue Buffalo gets slammed by a **** storm of lawsuits"
    Actual link is Page Not Found - Poisoned Pets | A look inside the pet food industry


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  2. #26
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Hi Stacey, I agree with the others, it's best to change from Beneful. My vet always recommends to not buy your dog food from a grocery store or a big box store like Walmart. You are best to choose a food that is rated at a 4 Star or better, which you can find the ratings on the dog food rating under the Nutrition forum on the Home page on this site. It's best to feed EB's chicken, and grain free brands, as many bullies are allergic or sensitive to these ingredients, but every bully is different in what they can tolerate. There are many good brands to choose from.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  3. #27
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    @stacyhynum Rice and hamburger at the market and then the new bag whenever. It'll all be ok! Buster + Bella =

  4. #28
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi Stacey, I agree with the others, it's best to change from Beneful. My vet always recommends to not buy your dog food from a grocery store or a big box store like Walmart. You are best to choose a food that is rated at a 4 Star or better, which you can find the ratings on the dog food rating under the Nutrition forum on the Home page on this site. It's best to feed EB's chicken, and grain free brands, as many bullies are allergic or sensitive to these ingredients, but every bully is different in what they can tolerate. There are many good brands to choose from.

    Your welcome hun
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  5. #29
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2732

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Fromm's is a great company & kibble, Cami had terrible gas
    on the Chicken but I needed a less pricy option so went with
    TOTW (Taste of the Wild) and good results.


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  6. #30
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RiiSi's Avatar
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Location
    Sysmä
    Posts
    4,709
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)
    2626

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    I would change too. Maybe you can find another brand with the same type of ingredients to minimize the risk of allergic reactions...

  7. #31
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyhynum View Post
    Rosalie i dont think im going to do it slowly but surely, im just gonna do it right away, its really got me a nervous wreck
    I would still do a slow change or do bland diet a few days to transition, otherwise she may get very sick from the change- it's just too different of a food bc it is the worst food- so like mcdonalds everyday to a lean steak and salad..... bulldogs do not do well with a change like that. Bland diet is the BEST option.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  8. #32
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bella100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    624

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    I would still do a slow change or do bland diet a few days to transition, otherwise she may get very sick from the change- it's just too different of a food bc it is the worst food- so like mcdonalds everyday to a lean steak and salad..... bulldogs do not do well with a change like that. Bland diet is the BEST option.
    ok ill do that, shes gonna love this bland diet thing compared to dog food lol shes not gonna want to stop eating that at all haha
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

  9. #33
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I don't blame you. I feed Frankie Merrick grain free Buffalo and sweet potato. That food has a good rating. Also you can look into the Blue Buffalo limited ingredient grain free. I know you should always do a slow transition, but god forbid, I could not take the chance. She might get diarreah but you can deal with that with pumpkin. Let me know what you pick and how she does.
    Hey, I have Goob on Merrick Grain Free Real Texas Beef but I was going to switch him to the Buffalo this weekend. How do you guys like it? Have you tried any of the other flavors from Merrick?

  10. #34
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyhynum View Post
    This is why i love this site so much and all of you, you are so very sweet!!!
    Hey, just wanted to send a tip that I found worked well with Goob though he is younger than Cami. Goob had hurt his hind leg and we kept him somewhat inactive for a couple months (only walks...no jumping or running). I noticed that he was gaining some weight because of his limited mobility but I didn't want to increase his exercise until his leg improved. So instead of a FULL cup of food at breakfast and dinner, I gave him a little less. It was MORE than 3/4 of a cup but less than the full cup. It was such a slight difference but I noticed that he stopped gaining weight and we actually got him down 5 pound with no other changes.

    I'm not sure how your Cami will do eating a little less kibble for her meals but just a suggestion if you were worried about her diet and weight.

    We feed Goob Merrick and he LOVES it. We give him the Grain Free Real Texas Beef but might be switching to Buffalo this weekend

  11. #35
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2732

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goob14 View Post
    Hey, just wanted to send a tip that I found worked well with Goob though he is younger than Cami. Goob had hurt his hind leg and we kept him somewhat inactive for a couple months (only walks...no jumping or running). I noticed that he was gaining some weight because of his limited mobility but I didn't want to increase his exercise until his leg improved. So instead of a FULL cup of food at breakfast and dinner, I gave him a little less. It was MORE than 3/4 of a cup but less than the full cup. It was such a slight difference but I noticed that he stopped gaining weight and we actually got him down 5 pound with no other changes.

    I'm not sure how your Cami will do eating a little less kibble for her meals but just a suggestion if you were worried about her diet and weight.

    We feed Goob Merrick and he LOVES it. We give him the Grain Free Real Texas Beef but might be switching to Buffalo this weekend

    Thank you! I did this some time back and you're right, she lost weight!
    Then I moved 2 times in 6 months (not planned) and have been here only
    4 months so need to get back to HER needs again. I've already got the
    measuring cup out due to your good urging and will make up the difference
    w/green beans as YES, she will grumble In my avatar, she's turned funny
    between my son's legs and he's taking her pic downwards, Cami has a massive
    chest and big frame, in fact, is a retired breeder because of being a big, healthy
    girl. She's about 66 lbs and needs to be about 58 lbs, I'm dieting too so we'll be
    grumpy old broads together, lol

    Hoping Goob stays well, he is a handsome bully! GOD bless you all.


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  12. #36
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Beneful Food-help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Thank you! I did this some time back and you're right, she lost weight!
    Then I moved 2 times in 6 months (not planned) and have been here only
    4 months so need to get back to HER needs again. I've already got the
    measuring cup out due to your good urging and will make up the difference
    w/green beans as YES, she will grumble In my avatar, she's turned funny
    between my son's legs and he's taking her pic downwards, Cami has a massive
    chest and big frame, in fact, is a retired breeder because of being a big, healthy
    girl. She's about 66 lbs and needs to be about 58 lbs, I'm dieting too so we'll be
    grumpy old broads together, lol

    Hoping Goob stays well, he is a handsome bully! GOD bless you all.
    It's funny you say that. I was on the phone with my dad, telling him about MY weight loss plans (PLANS!) and I said, "Ya, Goob needs to lose a few too so I'm restricting his diet." My dad then asked me how I was doing and I said..."I'm eating ice cream hahaha. I'm focusing on GOOB right now!" Goob is on the taller side for the breed I think and he just weighed in at 65 pounds.
    I LOVE that face on your avatar. See looks like you restricted her food already and wondering where the rest is!! haha
    -20140927_141443-jpg-20140927_141511-jpgbefore -20150212_161205-jpg -20150212_161154-jpgafter

    not a big difference but he did lose weight I promise! lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •