bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Call me crazy BUT Bella has been eating Beneful since we brought her home when she was 9 weeks old, now all these law suits being filed against the company is making me very nervous, we have never had a problem with her and this food. Do i change her food yall or just keep giving it to her i hate changes bc i dont know if she will have allergic reaction to other stuff. And yall KNOW if something happens to her i will DIE!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would change right away. I'm not ever sure I would do a transition. I would be so nervous and god forbid something happened I would never forgive myself for not changing the food.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would change her food-find a good rated food-grain free, and very gradually start to change.Do a really slow ,so you can see if she has problems. Just buy small bags of the food you try. I just don't think it is worth the risk keeping her on it-it takes some serious problems before they file a lawsuit against a big kahuna. There are probably lots more who were sickened by it, and never knew why, and then again there are probably dogs who never had a problem. BUT in the long run, it is your choice. Wish you well and hope there are no problems,either way.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I would change it to a better quality food. I chose Fromm in large part because they never have issues like this or recalls. You can look up commonly recalled brands and stay away from them. If you're afraid of her having issues try to go with a type of food that has mainly the same ingredients (type proteins, veggies, etc) but with a different manufacturer.

I know this must be stressful. How awful for all the dog owners whose pets have had adverse reactions. I'm glad you're girl is ok so far.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would definitely change her food… the family that brought about the lawsuit actually had 3 dogs eating Beneful, and the one that died was an English Bulldog. I have a friend at Animal Control and she told me that Beneful is what they get donated all the time… the dyes stain the floor of the kennels at her work. I would go on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor and check out the ratings.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would change her food-find a good rated food-grain free, and very gradually start to change.Do a really slow ,so you can see if she has problems. Just buy small bags of the food you try. I just don't think it is worth the risk keeping her on it-it takes some serious problems before they file a lawsuit against a big kahuna. There are probably lots more who were sickened by it, and never knew why, and then again there are probably dogs who never had a problem. BUT in the long run, it is your choice. Wish you well and hope there are no problems,either way.
Honestly, I would only do a slow transition if you have enough food left in the bag you are already using. What if you get a new bag to do a transition and it is tainted? You can get a grain free limited ingredient food so you can cut down on the chances of her having a reaction. Blue Buffalo has a good line.

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ok thanks so much, gonna get started with the change tomorrow

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hell to the YES.... go bland diet to help with the transition

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I would change right away. I'm not ever sure I would do a transition. I would be so nervous and god forbid something happened I would never forgive myself for not changing the food.

Rosalie i dont think im going to do it slowly but surely, im just gonna do it right away, its really got me a nervous wreck :scared:

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosalie i dont think im going to do it slowly but surely, im just gonna do it right away, its really got me a nervous wreck :scared:
I don't blame you. I feed Frankie Merrick grain free Buffalo and sweet potato. That food has a good rating. Also you can look into the Blue Buffalo limited ingredient grain free. I know you should always do a slow transition, but god forbid, I could not take the chance. She might get diarreah but you can deal with that with pumpkin. Let me know what you pick and how she does.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=3193]stacyhynum[/MENTION] I only suggested a slow change, because you were worried about her allergies in your post. 2BullyMama actually had a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?:ashamed:

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
@stacyhynum I only suggested a slow change, because you were worried about her allergies in your post. 2BullyMama actually had a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?:ashamed:

Thats what i was gonna do, take it slow but the more i thought about it the more freaked out i got lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
ok thanks so much, gonna get started with the change tomorrow

Sadly, even Blue Buffalo, which changed hands not long ago, is under suspicion
and long time users are switching, just found this out last week [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]
More & more of these disgusting practices are happening as more, formerly
trusted brands are bought, often without disclosure of WHO the new owners are.

I'm on fixed income and widowed now, I feed TOTW Bison & Venison, a grain free
food however, it could happen to that company or any other at any time. I deal
with times of pain & disabling fatigue but I'm going to start making big batches of
homemade food for Cami on my better functioning days & buying a used freezer to
store it. She will be 7 y'o soon and needs to be as healthy as possible in all ways.
Thinking too, it will help her be leaner, I feed her a cup of kibble & a cup of green
beans 2 x daily but she's still overweight, she's extremely underactive :(

Good luck and let us know how y'all do in your change over.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.