Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What beds do you all use

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

Talking What beds do you all use

Coda has always torn up every single bed we got her from cheap to high dollar, they'd end up in the back yard which she had to pull thru the doggy door. I finally made a frame out of 1x4s and some plywood and covered it with carpeting and so far all its gotten was one corner chewed up a bit but thats it. It has really stood up to her abuse and although a bit softer then the floor, i would like to know if theres anything any of you did to either keep them from tearing up the beds or did you make your own bed that so far has been hard to destroy???

"So Let It Be Written"

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What beds do you all use

I guess as a smart-A I'd say.......I got a queen bed that I use. As far as Duke goes.......he has a rectangular one designed to fit in his cage. But he
    always seemed like a locked up con inside the cage......so we opted to just put it in the corner of the room minus the cage.We only use the cage in the van, if we are traveling a large distance. If he's wet when finishing his yard muffin making he knows he can rest on that. Otherwise.......he sleeps on one of three sofas in the house or he climbs the steps I made for him and hogs all of the queen bed by lying right in the middle. The sofa choice depends on which room I'm in....since he is my constant shadow.
    It sounds like you got a chewing problem. I'd reccomend buying several hard rubber toys and leaving them near his bed to chew on.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

We have a couple little beds for them that are not chew proof but mainly they just like ours. I know a lot of bully owners use the perla bed and it is supposed to hold up well.
    Amazon.com: Perla Bed 53 Assorted Color: Kitchen & Dining

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

We had to do the same thing you did, carpet over plywood. Ruggles chewed up every dog bed we got, both his and our older dog's.

Lucy-licious

we have a Perla bed in the kitchen chewed but still in one piece, a large cushion on the livinroom floor and a cushioned pad in her pen.
    her fave is her pen though x

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@kiss1069.... Princess Gracie doesn't destroy her bed,,, or anything.... it isn't ladylike I hope Coda gets over it soon as they aren't cheap. We just got Gracie an Orthopedic bed..... kind of like a memory foam bed for dogs. She seems to like it.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

somehow double posted and it woulnt delete... hmmm?

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Try a kuranda bed we use them at work (dog daycare and boarding) and they really are almost industructable Kuranda Dog Beds - Patented Orthopedic and Chewproof Dog Beds. Dozer has a queen sized bed with double memory foam top . We have several little beds all over but he prefers our lol.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

I have a x-large pearla bed for Lola and hoping Brodie shares with her...or I should say Lola shares with him! So far, not so good. Sometimes she allows him to sleep with her and sometimes he has to sleep in his bed which is just a pillow right now. I love the pearla and have had it since we got Lola! I have been thru about 10 pillows since then. Someone told me to get an egg crate and double it over and cut to size and put a baby bed fitted sheet over it, so will probably try that next time.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Stig used to do that too. Tore off the zipper in one (from petsmart). So I bought a new one and took out the stuffing in the ripped one and put the new one in instead. That way, only the old one gets chewed up.

I also have a dog couch and another bed from Costco. Highly recommend them. They're very reasonably priced for the quality. Stig leaves those alone and doesn't chew them.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

We have the one that looks like a huge pillow! We had the one with memory foam but she destroyed it!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

we have a big pillow bed, I'm curious to see how long it lasts the way he bites I bet he's gonna be a chewer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads