What beds do you all use

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
Coda has always torn up every single bed we got her from cheap to high dollar, they'd end up in the back yard which she had to pull thru the doggy door. I finally made a frame out of 1x4s and some plywood and covered it with carpeting and so far all its gotten was one corner chewed up a bit but thats it. It has really stood up to her abuse and although a bit softer then the floor, i would like to know if theres anything any of you did to either keep them from tearing up the beds or did you make your own bed that so far has been hard to destroy???

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
I guess as a smart-A I'd say.......I got a queen bed that I use. As far as Duke goes.......he has a rectangular one designed to fit in his cage. But he
always seemed like a locked up con inside the cage......so we opted to just put it in the corner of the room minus the cage.We only use the cage in the van, if we are traveling a large distance. If he's wet when finishing his yard muffin making he knows he can rest on that. Otherwise.......he sleeps on one of three sofas in the house or he climbs the steps I made for him and hogs all of the queen bed by lying right in the middle. The sofa choice depends on which room I'm in....since he is my constant shadow.
It sounds like you got a chewing problem. I'd reccomend buying several hard rubber toys and leaving them near his bed to chew on.

L

Lucy-licious

we have a Perla bed in the kitchen chewed but still in one piece, a large cushion on the livinroom floor and a cushioned pad in her pen.
her fave is her pen though x

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION].... Princess Gracie doesn't destroy her bed,,, or anything.... it isn't ladylike ;) I hope Coda gets over it soon as they aren't cheap. We just got Gracie an Orthopedic bed..... kind of like a memory foam bed for dogs. She seems to like it. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:bully:
somehow double posted and it woulnt delete... hmmm?

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I have a x-large pearla bed for Lola and hoping Brodie shares with her...or I should say Lola shares with him! So far, not so good. Sometimes she allows him to sleep with her and sometimes he has to sleep in his bed which is just a pillow right now. I love the pearla and have had it since we got Lola! I have been thru about 10 pillows since then. Someone told me to get an egg crate and double it over and cut to size and put a baby bed fitted sheet over it, so will probably try that next time.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig used to do that too. Tore off the zipper in one (from petsmart). So I bought a new one and took out the stuffing in the ripped one and put the new one in instead. That way, only the old one gets chewed up.

I also have a dog couch and another bed from Costco. Highly recommend them. They're very reasonably priced for the quality. Stig leaves those alone and doesn't chew them.

OP
kiss1069

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
I appreciate everyones input on this thread, as for her chewing now i dont believe she still does as she really hasnt torn up this bed i made her nor has she gnawed at the kitchen table either. This bed i made was after all the ones she destroyed and havnt bought anymore but i did look into these kuranda and coolaroo elevated beds and will see about the Perla beds as well. She and Xander (shih tzu) share the bed all the time so thats no worry but i wanted to have something thatd be softer or more comfortable then what i have now.:up:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester doesn't like laying in a bed.. I bought him a nice cushy one..and he never laid in it. He just likes the carpeting or the throw rug on the kitchen floor. At night, his crate has an old comforter from my daughter's bed in there.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Back in Nov. I got my girls each a really nice big, squishy bed. They filled up their crates which are 23 x 36. Well both of them took a big :poo: in them and they are so big, I haven't been able to get them to come really clean. I've put them in my front loader and washed them each twice and they are currently out in the garage, til I figure out how to get them clean. They have never chewed up a bed, so guess I'm not much help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.