ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
No it is NOT… I would highly recommend you take your baby to a vet. May have pneumonia which is dangerous for bulldogs, please keep us posted!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agreed it isnt normal. Has the bully been to a vet?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not normal at all. Could be the beginning of pneumonia as others have suggested.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Good luck, I hope your baby feels better soon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with the others, a vet visit is in order. Please keep us posted.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13421]Paul Stott[/MENTION]

Please let us know what the vet says, I would consider this rather urgent with the possibility of pneumonia.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Straight to the vet! I know the sound you're talking about -- Ruckus had pneumonia as a puppy -- and it needs to get checked out.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Got y'all covered in prayers as we wait here to find out how
your bully is, please let us know when you can, HUGS!
[MENTION=13421]Paul Stott[/MENTION]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with others, have him checked out at the vet, it could be a cold, but it could also be the start of pneumonia.

Dog Respiratory Problems

Dogs usually experience panting, which is a normal canine reflex as it helps in relaxation. In some cases, however, the dog may be display certain changes in his breathing patterns such as excessive panting. This may be indicative of a problem of the respiratory system. Much like humans, canines too may experience dog breathing problems. These dog respiratory problems may either be acute such as sneezing or chronic such as asthma. Therefore, breathing problems in dogs must never be neglected.

A problem occurring anywhere in the respiratory tract can result in canine breathing problems. These problems could be anything from sneezing to a severe condition in the lungs. As such any irregularity in the respiratory system of the dog can lead to changes in breathing. Some of the most commonly occurring breathing problems in dogs include wheezing, sneezing, coughing, excessive panting, shallow breathing, breathlessness, nasal discharge and labored breathing. Coughing usually occurs due to inflammation or damage to the windpipe. Other causes could be swallowing of an irregular object, allergic reactions, pollution, ingestion of poison and infection. If the cough persists for more than a day, medical attention is required. Labored breathing may take place due to serious conditions such as lung disease, tearing of the diaphragm, tumors and pleural effusion. Wheezing occurs because of problems in the bronchi and lungs. This can be a serious condition and must be examined by a vet immediately. Sneezing by itself does not constitute a breathing problem, but occurs due to another problem of the nasal passage. Excessive sneezing can result in nasal bleeding.

Dog owners must keep in mind that normally dogs take between 10 to 20 breaths per minute. This is the normal breathing rate in canines. Also, irregular sounds such as rattling, choking or groaning should not normally emanate when they breathe. If such noises occur during breathing, it could indicate that a problem in the respiratory tract may be present. The causes of breathing problems in dogs are varied. These include lung infection, heart failure, collapse of the lungs, allergies, chest injuries and pneumonia. Some breeds of dogs are more vulnerable to breathing problems. Boston terriers, plugs and English bulldogs are some the dog breeds that are more prone to breathing difficulties. Dog health problems must always be addressed promptly as they can get aggravated. Pet owners must keep a close watch on the breathing pattern of their dogs, so that possible complications can be detected early and proper treatment can be administered.

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
he was only at vets other day for injections ,it isnt affecting him in anyway ie playing ,eating etc etc just noticed it when he was lay in bed rattling a little i will take him asap

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Not to alarm you, Honey, just because with bullies and/or
any short nosed breed, it can develop suddenly and over
things like aspirating food. Hoping it's allergies or something
like that, call your Vet & ask them since they recently saw him.
It's good news he's energetic & eating well, how old is he?

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Have him checked out by your vet, my girl had sever pneumonia as a baby she too was only seen by the vet the day before , the following morning she was playing eating being a general pup by the afternoon she we was rushing her to the emegancie vets not to worry you or anything but these things can come on really quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending lots of positive thought to you and your little one.... please keep us posted

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
hes been vets and he says he if fine a little chesty but nothing to worry about :unsure::ohmy:like i say he is playing eating etc etc ,is there any other signs of pnemonia

Members online

No members online now.