How old was your pup at 1st heat

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Just curious how old your female was when she had her 1st heat cycle. I know all bully's are different and that typically as a breed they mature at a slower rate. I've read many threads of when to "expect" the first heat but I wanted to know how old your bully was when they actually had their 1st heat. Thanks :)

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I need to know that question also. My female will be nine months in March . I want to get her spayed before her 1st heat cycle

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Kelly and Rodney, yes each Bully is different as to when they mature and when they have their 1st heat, but you can expect it anywhere from 5 to 6 months and beyond. We had Blosssom spayed when she was 7 months old, and she had not had her 1st heat yet when she had her operation.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I believe that our Bella was around 8 mos at her first heat...

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
We had Winnie spayed at 6 months--we wanted to be sure to do it before her first heat. I believe our Rosie had her first heat at 7 months, so we had her spayed after her first one. If she is fixing to come into heat, you will notice her vulva and surrounding area swelling. I don't know if it's too late to have her spayed at that point, or if it would be better to wait until after it's over.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My two purebreds were spayed at 1 year of age. They surprisingly had not gone into heat yet! I have heard of dogs going into heat as young as 6 months, but the one's I have had, who were not spayed, it was usually 8/10 months. Most vets that I have known do not like to spay when they are in heat. There is more chance of bleeding, and they will usually wait a month of so after it is over.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They can get their first heat any time between 6 to 11 months of age. Most will be around 7 to 9 months.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.