How long will your EB stay still? (when you ask them to)

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
For the past week i have been trying to make a 3D computer scan of Kevin. All i need to do is walk around him with a camera while he stays in one place.. maybe 15 seconds of a sit/stay (if even that).

BUT HE WONT DO IT!!! For the record, we have been working on sit & stay for OVER A YEAR!!!!

Its not Sit & Spin!!

Its not Sit & Schooch over to the couch and chew on a pillow!!

Its not Sit & Try to scratch that spot behind your ear we both know you'll never reach!!

Its not Sit & Follow me until i see you & Sit again.. then follow me until i see you and Sit again!!

Its not Sit & Roll onto your back hoping you'll get a belly rub!!

All i want is 15 seconds of obedience :pray:

It makes me wounder... Who has an EB that can actually do a 'Sit/Stay' command? :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
For us it depends. Most of the time Harlea will stay for as long as I keep repeating it. Even when I stick a treat on the floor a few feet away from her. When she is in a mood though you can forget it as she is going to do what she wants to do.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Forget about Brutus doing a sit and stay. He absolutely does exactly what he wants when he wants to. He will sit but will quiver until we throw his ball or give his treat. There is no stay involved! Frankie will sit and stay. He will stay until released. There has to be good treats involved though. I love your posts, they always make me laugh.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hah. Tyson won't sit still unless he wants to sit still. Perhaps I can get a few seconds, if I have a treat in my hand. Otherwise, no way. Stubborn as a board.

deerhuntress

Jan 24, 2015
Alabama
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
If I give treats and stay right beside Roscoe I can get him to stay put for a long while but if I move he moves.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks was a pro, but it was 9 yrs of training :D

You may need to have someone keep his attention on them with the sit command and treat in hand till you circle him.... they are too curious as to what you are doing and making sure you are not leaving when you go out of sight.

however.... i so TOTALLY love your post.... LMAO!!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Boris is a champ when it comes to sit and stay as long as I'm the one giving the command... It's the first two commands we taught him and I make him sit and stay for almost everything.

I make boris sit and stay for about 15-30 seconds for each of the following activities

- Feeding time (breakfast and dinner)
- Going in and out of the house ( I am always the first one through the door)
- Putting his leash and collar on for walks
- anytime I have to pickup his #2's when were out on walks

But all his training goes out the window if there's a child or another dog around...

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie will sit for a treat and sometimes without a treat. But she won't stay. She started her manners class last week and we haven't done "stay" yet. We were supposed to have "treat parties" once or twice a day. That's where you get a bunch of treats in your hand, go to another part of the house and say "Winnie come!" When she comes, she gets all the treats and lots of love and praise (she's not supposed to know you have the treats when you call). Trying to do that exercise, I realized that I can never get any treats without her knowing because she follows me everywhere I go all day!

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
My little Jackson is a champ! He will sit and stay and let you put a treat on his "nose". My girls will eat your fingers alive when you try to sit the treat on their noses! I've had a few bloody fingers trying with them, they're just to stinking hyper!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Gotta catch Chum and Hershey when they first wake up and they're in that half awake stage..otherwise there's no sitting still. A 3D computer scan sounds interesting..is it hard to do?

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
LOL!! Bella will sit and stay for a good amount of time. The most I have tested her was probably 20 or 30 seconds. It's one of the things we work on in puppy class. But, I'm not sure she'd sit if I walked around her in a circle. I might just try, though! :yes:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus will "stay" longest when there is a treat or new you involved. He thinks the longer he sits like a statue the better the reward. He tries hard but sometimes gets too excited and moves around. We keep working on it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.