Housetrained but going potty in her crate

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle is great when she's outside of her crate. She tells us when she needs to go outside and we haven't had any accidents. As soon as we crate her though, she goes potty. I can't figure it out. She's rarely crated...only at night or when no one is home (rare). We also make sure she has been outside right before she goes in the crate, but she still goes. My husband took her out this morning and she peed. He crated her and left. Literally less than 30 minutes later I came home and she had peed on her blanket. The other day she peed and pooped in it despite having just gone out. I'm so confused by this. :unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
some ups will just pee to 'mark' or becasue there is bedding -- remove the bedding see if it helps. Do not feel bad about there being no bedding, it is fine

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I couldn't put bedding in Ruckus's crate when he was a baby because he would do the same thing. He would potty on the blanket and scoot it out of the way. I don't crate him anymore now that he's totally house trained and out of his chewing phase.

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I took her bedding away when I left for about an hour this afternoon. I came home and she hadn't gone. Woohoo! Maybe that's the key. I hate that she is just laying on the hard plastic floor though :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I took her bedding away when I left for about an hour this afternoon. I came home and she hadn't gone. Woohoo! Maybe that's the key. I hate that she is just laying on the hard plastic floor though :(

we all do, but it does not bother them .... give it a few days and try the bedding, if she pees, you have you answer

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.