AC for the heat

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Spring is coming and soon summer! Just wondering how you all cool your houses to ensure a safe temp for your bullies? Do you have an AC system in your house? Or just fans?

Currently we have no AC installed. It gets pretty toasty in our house during the summer months... Close to 25 degrees Celsius. Before we got norman we just turn on fans everywhere to mitigate the heat. Now I'm thinking of getting AC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Spring is coming and soon summer! Just wondering how you all cool your houses to ensure a safe temp for your bullies? Do you have an AC system in your house? Or just fans?

Currently we have no AC installed. It gets pretty toasty in our house during the summer months... Close to 25 degrees Celsius. Before we got norman we just turn on fans everywhere to mitigate the heat. Now I'm thinking of getting AC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With bulldogs, you have to make sure they stay cool. Over-heating can be very dangerous. I would think an AC is best. Also, in the summer - in addition to the AC, we put a fan right near Tyson's bed... he sleep so much better with it on.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
25 celsius is too warm for a bulldog to be in for longer than a few hours, and even a few hours may be too much depending on the humidity.

You should definitely get an AC.

How do you handle it though? That's way too hot for me. Once it hits the mid 70's here- my AC is on 24/7.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes we have central A/C thank G too , it was almost 90 Saturday!

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
We live in Georgia (the deep south) so AC is mandatory. It is standard in every type of dwelling. We even have an additional AC unit for just the downstairs part of our house so yeah...2 AC units and a pool :cool:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Fans will help and 25 deg C (77 deg F.) is getting close to being too hot, but fans will help, I would say if it gets 26 deg C. it is too hot for them. In the summer time we leave out house at 77 def F. and run the ceiling fans, and our bullies are OK.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We have central air for the babies. As soon as it gets warm we put it on and keep it on until the fall.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You will need AC. ..... we have central air and keep the house set between 70/72 degrees and we also keep the ceiling fan on for them in the room thier crates are in :D

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I hate AC, but walk around my house in a sweatshirt in the summer for the comfort of my bulldog and my boyfriend. They're both polar bears if you ask me. But I agree with everyone, 77 is too hot for a bulldog, they need it much cooler.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
We have AC as we are in the south.
Last year I had a mini split system installed in the room that the dogs sleep in and hang out most of the time as to give me peace of mind just in case our main AC unit dies in the middle of the summer which it has. The Mini split provides heat as well as AC so there room stays at a constant temp. year round.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I run AC 24/7 once the snow melts... At least that's how my girlfriend explains it to our friends :)

I know that Boris will appreciate the AC as much as I do!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with everyone above AC would be a food idea and best for your baby. I'm with others as soon as it gets warm and humid outside we turn the AC on. Last year I had it on from the end of May right through to October. I also have a fan at the end of my bed and one near where the dogs sleep. I am part polar bear and don't do well in the heat either, so 25 in my home would be too hot for me. Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.