Did i get scammed?

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
I bought a English Bulldog Puppy on craigslist i always wanted one. He said he have to rehome it fast the mother ate one and two got crushed on the phone he said they where 8 weeks when i got there his wife said he is 5 weeks. I was so happy i am about to get a English bulldog that i was not even looking at the puppy right he has a long tail and i think i got scammed.!? Can somebody help me and tell me if this little boy is purebread? he also has flees i will bring him to the vet on Monday and what can i do for the flees right now? I bought puppy formula and he is eating. Can i add a pic of him anywhere so you guys can tell me what think? this is the add from him 00I0I_iv3oxHCNajF_600x450.jpg00000_87NRzfqguWO_600x450.jpghttp://jacksonville.craigslist.org/wan/4901203460.html I fell so stupid now

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
well I don't know if you were scammed but you know the old saying if it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't :(
As far as The puppy is concerned he doesn't look like a 8 week old pup I cant see his tail real well and some bulldogs have a little bit longer of a tail (I have one girl who has a tail that is about 3 inches long) and as for the flees you can give him a bath in dawn dish soap the blue one or in pert shampoo but make sure you do it in a room where it is warm and you dry him really well you don't want him getting a chill at all. other that that he is a cute little guy :) if you could post a better pic of his face and tail it might be easier to tell. Did you get akc papers with him?

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
Thank you for your response. Yeah i did this already with down dish soap i tried to pick all the fleas but he still have a lot i read about de food grain for puppies will this work? I read this is save for puppies. I mean yeah no matter what he will anyway get loved to pieces :) It just makes me sad to see people like this just trying to make fast money and dont care about the dog.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
you could try it as long as it says it is safe for puppies I usually stick with dawn or pert when there that little at least he is white makes those fleas easier to see on him. That is sad that people do that especially when he is so little. My brother had someone do something similar to his (not a bulldog though) but the guy claimed the pup was 8 weeks and according to the vet he didn't think the pup was over 4 weeks the poor little thing didn't even have all his teeth through yet when he sold him. So sad but at least your little guy will get all kinds of loving now :)

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
tablet 045.jpgtablet 044.jpgtablet 043.jpgtablet 042.jpgtablet 039.jpgtablet 041.jpg

ok here are some more pics and no i didn't get any akc paperwork but she said the parents have some and she going to send a copy. But who knows if she just download something of the web.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hmm. It's too young to tell if it's a purebred EB right now in my opinion. It looks like a bulldog to me it's just the tail seems pretty long though ? But it's a adorable one! Maybe by 8-10 weeks old you'll be able to tell

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
yes i even said to my husband when he was holding him aww he already wags his tail he sure likes you! I dont know, it had should to hit me right there but it didnt lol first English bulldog!!! I hope:) What else i was thinking could it be a old English bulldog don't they have long tail? Dose his Mom look purebred?

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
thank you all ya so helpful:)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Ramona, he looks like a EB to me, and he's absolutely gorgeous. I have actually seen a EB with a long tail.
Maybe he is an OEB

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He does look like an EB, or at least mostly. He's a cutie and a longer tail can be a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
What an adorable little puppy<3 his face looks bulldog, but possibly he's Old English Bulldog since his tail is long... I think in time you'll be able to tell:)

It doesn't sound like the breeder is responsible if advertising on Craigslist and it's very sad about the rest of the pups that didn't make it:( the circumstances sounds a bit dodgy:unsure: but I'm very happy he found you so he can get the home he deserves<3

Looking forward to see more puppy pictures of him:w00t:

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
He's very cute. I would guess OEB or American Bulldog or EB mix. Regardless he's absolutely adorable :) I'm glad he found a good home with you!

I don't trust Craigslist at all. Unfortunately it is saturated with scam artists and they love to try to sell bulldogs. My sister replied to a post and they wanted her to send money so the dog could be shipped. Yeah right :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.