Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I would be willing to bet that it is a mix and an accidental one...but, that is not all bad. You could end up with a healthier dog and some of the great personality of an EB.

very good point. If there is a mix in there, not being a purebred could be a blessing due to the lesser health issues. I am with you on that. :yes:

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Very cute puppy, regardless if it is purebred EB. Looks like your new puppy is settling in well! Looking forward to more photos as it grows. Congratulations on your baby.

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
Thank you. Yes :yes:he is

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
He is absolutely adorable! I am sorry you got him from such a sketchy situation, but that is wonderful that he now has you to love and take care of him!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I firmly believe its either OEB or OEB mixed with EB. OEB do have tails, and even if it's mixed with EB some still have tails. I believe you may have been lied to about it being a full bred english, but hey the baby is cute and you have fallen in love and saved this poor pup from a bad home. So congrats on that, also don't stress it! Can't wait to see puppy pictures as it grows <3 keep us posted.

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
So i had him at the vet today he have hookworms. He did get shots dewormer... I told her that i bought him as a purebred but apparently he is not and pointed at the tail. She said to me oh english bulldogs are born with long tail they just get docked and anyway i would be better if he is a mix he wont be having all the health issues. From the research i did they are not born with long tails right??? I am just confused he will be a my little surprise when he gets older what he look like and how tall he will be.

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
So i had him at the vet today he have hookworms. He did get shots dewormer... I told her that i bought him as a purebred but apparently he is not and pointed at the tail. She said to me oh english bulldogs are born with long tail they just get docked and anyway i would be better if he is a mix he wont be having all the health issues. From the research i did they are not born with long tails right??? I am just confused he will be a my little surprise when he gets older what he look like and how tall he will be.

Ummm....I would find another vet. English bulldogs aren't born with long tails at all. I would run far away from a vet that said that. I do agree though that being a mix could be a good thing for his health. But yeah...bulldogs aren't docked :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.