USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Whatever he is he's simply adorable and lucky to get a
great home. Feel sorry about the Mom still in that hell, bet
they breed her to death :(

He looks like an EB but that tail is not, so what? He looks
like a sweetie pie too and GOD put him in your home, love
him for the blessing he is and post lots of updates & pics.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
The mom looks like an English Bulldog, but I'm no expert. I was thinking the pup looks like an American Bulldog. Maybe a mix of the two?

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
If you see them post another ad you might consider alerting your local bulldog rescue group. They might be able to work something out with that breeder and save the parents and more pups from the sad situation they are in.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is a cutie pie.... his face to me is Bulldog, but the long tail questions full bred.... could be part American or part Beagle. My sister has a friend that adopted a Bulldog/Beagle and she looks a lot like your baby. Not saying that is definite, but similar

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
They think mine is bully beagle but he has the kinked tail. I have seen other bully beagles with the longer tail. :)

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
He looks VERY young to me here are a few pictures from the breeder we got our babies from at roughly 5 weeks old. Angel is an Itty bitty girl, she's the white girl, and now weighs about 10 lbs at 14 weeks old, Penny is the white and red brindle baby she's a very big girl now at about 25 lbs and 16 weeks.
ee70893d571da6cc75ce11d87595cac0.jpg

972bfad042f3eedf35f876dd71b746a8.jpg

b529064e5611371d75cbfd4082c8d5dd.jpg

I know it's like comparing apples to oranges, but it'll give you an idea. I tried to find just a picture of Penny's tail when she was a baby and couldn't find one; she has a longer tail, but it's still just a stub tail, and straight.

I just saw your other pictures, not sure how I missed those, he does look very similar in the pictures you took to my 5 week pictures of my girls. Let us know what the vet says tomorrow :)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have also seen an EB with a long tail. He is so precious and looks like an EB. Also, his mother looks like an EB for sure. I found my bully on Craig's List too. Maybe not the best place, but not everyone is a scam artist. And those babies need homes too!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Your puppy looks like a Bulldog to me, he is a Cutie Pie, cannot the Vet tell if he is a Purebred? I think he is Beautiful.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a cutie, long tail or not - he def looks like a bully, scam or not..... take care of that sweet baby, give him lots of love!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He looks like a bulldog to me but he's so young, I'm thinking younger than 8 weeks. The tail though.. hmm.. I know some bulldogs have longish tails. Could be he does as well and he'll just grow into it. Either way, too early to tell yet.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Another sign of a scam would be the location. Backyard breeders will often offer to meet you somewhere to ‘make the distance less’ for you but really they just don’t want you to see the conditions the dogs live in or they don’t want you to see the parents. did you pick up the pup from the house, or did they meet you somewhere? Did you ask to see both of the parents, or pictures of both parents?

How did your vet appointment go today? :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yep, checking in to see Vet's opinion of your precious baby.

Hoping he's in great health as he's too young to be taken
from his Mom :( Please let us know...sending hugs!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
He's too young to really tell, he could be a mix or his tail could just be a longer tail. Some bullies have them, it's rare because it's a trait that is purposely not bred for. The breeder sounds awful -- it makes me furious when babies have fleas and are taken away too early. If she ate one and rolled onto one she wasn't being watched and cared for properly. The mother probably doesn't have a great life. Poor thing.

5 weeks is really far too young to be away from it's mom, I doubt he was weaned properly. I'd suggest seeing a vet ASAP and you might need to supplement with formula -- although I don't have any experience with pups this young. He's super cute! Full EB or not, he looks like he'll be a great family member!

OP
R

Ramona

Feb 21, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppy
Ok i called the vet to see if i can bring him in but they said to wait one more week he is to young for shots and all this other stuff. i should just bathing in with down. And bring him in next week. But he is fine and doing good. So we will see next week when he is 6 weeks old what the vet says on 4 March . And i called the Lady back and ask her why dose he have a long tail and she got rude and told me if i don't know nothing about english bulldogs i didn't had should to get one. And she kept changing her sorry. She told me they just got the mother from a friend and they did not know was pregnant and he just had english bulldogs so it must be a eb?! And than she said her boyfriend told me he dont think he is purebred. He never said that to me and i ask bouth if it is a purebred they both said yes. I don't trust them i don't know if he is or not. She also said bouth parent have long tail!? And yes i really was thinking to report her i think in florida they need to be 8 weeks and have o be vet checked before they are sold. Sorry my english isn't that good.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I would be willing to bet that it is a mix and an accidental one...but, that is not all bad. You could end up with a healthier dog and some of the great personality of an EB.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.