Pooping in the snow?

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awkward topic title I know lol

frank is 8 months... So this is his first winter and doesn't seem to mind the snow, he loves to eat it. But today we've gotten A LOT of snow, more than he's ever seen. We go outside and he's up to his belly in snow, and he's not too keen on that. I couldn't get him to poop last night, he'd just do a quick potty and run back toward the door. This morning I knew he would have to poop. We went outside and he kept running around and looking up at me like 'where's land?!! Where can I poop??' Finally, I noticed he was just pooping and running, he refused to squat down and was just dropping little presents all over the yard.

any tips on easing a dog into snow pooping?? Haha. I'm just not sure what to do since he seems to be looking for grass or dirt to do his business in.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'd shovel out a patch of land for him to potty. Bella is seeing her first snow this winter, too. She LOVES the cold and snow. (Freak!)

She'll pee and poop in the waist-high snow, but first she'll seek out a patch of shoveled land.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we have to shovel a path in the yard for them

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We have to shovel a path... No other way with 6 feet of snow everywhere. uploadfromtaptalk1424536648426.jpg

sent from my droid mini

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh my gosh!! I take back what I said about getting a lot of snow. YOU got a lot of snow!! Wow.

When I moved here from Michigan I forgot my snow shovel in the shed and haven't gotten another one yet. Guess it's time to run down the road to Home Depot

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
We or should I say Hubby shovels a path from the deck out to the yard ..at the end shovels a 5x5 spot ... so Ellie can do her business... she loves to hover through the snow
up to her neck. some times she will run a path in the snow by herself and go ..so there are lots of landmines in the spring.....

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
So glad we don't have this problem in Alabama! We didn't have a "snowpocolypse" like last year! I do not envy y'all!!

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
We shovel a patch in the front and back yards otherwise they won't go outside, they will hold it and poop inside

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.