A special visitor in my YARD today… OMG!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Haha, I've never seen a skunk:w00t: I know some people even keep them as pets, maybe he's a lost pet skunk, they tend to show up on your doorstep;)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Quite a zoo you got there...

Our neighbours say that we have bobcats, raccoons, elks, occasional bear, but all I've is rabbits and squirrels...

We have coyotes, possum and raccoons as well as deer, snakes, etc… Most of them stay away from the houses, but I guess this one didn't get the memo.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OMG!!!!
My sister lived on a farm and her dogs got sprayed all. the. time. they still don't smell right LOL. That is the worst smell ever to try to get rid of. She had a skunk come to her front door to be let into the house!!! No more skunks for her, it's now raccoons and possums that show up at her doorstep.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Haha, I've never seen a skunk:w00t: I know some people even keep them as pets, maybe he's a lost pet skunk, they tend to show up on your doorstep;)

I've never known anyone here to keep a skunk as a pet… Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Quite a zoo you got there...

Our neighbours say that we have bobcats, raccoons, elks, occasional bear, but all I've is rabbits and squirrels...

We had a bear come on the porch of a cabin we rented in the Smokies, and I heard a noise… opened the door and saw his BUTT leaving the porch!!! I was by myself w/the kids & mother-in-law!!! Luckily he left, but he was circling our cabin, and I have to admit I was getting a little nervous!!! :ohmy:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!!!!
My sister lived on a farm and her dogs got sprayed all. the. time. they still don't smell right LOL. That is the worst smell ever to try to get rid of. She had a skunk come to her front door to be let into the house!!! No more skunks for her, it's now raccoons and possums that show up at her doorstep.

I have a feeling that Wally will somehow get the "tail end" of this visitor. I keep looking for him whenever I let Wally out… YIKES!!!

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Like [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said, it is rare to see a skunk in the day. However, I'm guessing it was just either REALLY hungry because it's way too cold to go out at night or looking for new shelter. [emoji33] Even though it's rare, I have seen 2 skunks in the daytime. Good thing you got Wally inside!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] It is not a good sign, when a skunk is roaming around in the daytime. I have had two over the years that I had to shoot. You should have Wildlife Control,in your area......(there is actually one around here :w00t:) they may at least leave a trap for you to set, (I have done that also) if there is not shooting allowed
in your area.
Better to be safe than have Wally meet up and think "Oh boy, somebody to play with.............":faint:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
skunk during the day is not a good sign. It could be on distress, starving, or has rabies. There is not a good time to interact, but this is the "worst" time to do so.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't seen him this morning… but I got a number to wildlife refuge if I see him again. I feel sorry for him if he's starving :(

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
My first Bully (Rocky) got sprayed by a skunk one morning...He walked right up to it ,thought he would have a hello (dog) ...style smell u know were...and
boom.......right in the face ....my husband opened the door ,he ran in rubbed his nose all over the rug .as he ran up to the bedroom.. Jumped on my bed ...
I wash him for days ...peroxide...with dawn dish soup...and vinegar and baking soda ,,,,worked ..but every time it rained or he got wet ...stinky skunk smell came back .....
Was a very bad day... so look out for those stink boys.....

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My first Bully (Rocky) got sprayed by a skunk one morning...He walked right up to it ,thought he would have a hello (dog) ...style smell u know were...and
boom.......right in the face ....my husband opened the door ,he ran in rubbed his nose all over the rug .as he ran up to the bedroom.. Jumped on my bed ...
I wash him for days ...peroxide...with dawn dish soup...and vinegar and baking soda ,,,,worked ..but every time it rained or he got wet ...stinky skunk smell came back .....
Was a very bad day... so look out for those stink boys.....

Oh gosh that is awful… I've been keeping a close eye when Wally is outside. We are getting more snow and freezing rain, and I haven't seen the skunk since last night!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.