A special visitor in my YARD today… OMG!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OK so we have been stuck in the house for several days now… a foot of snow on top of an inch of ice. MORE snow and ice coming tomorrow, so anyhoo… we have been taking advantage of the time cleaning out bedrooms, closets, pantry, etc…

I have been keeping Wally busy w/his varsity ball… he absolutely LOVES the snow. This morning I go to put seed in the bird feeder out front and I notice this "cat" walking in the middle of the road… well as I continue looking, it wasn't a cat but a SKUNK!!! In the middle of the day and he was walking UP MY FRONT YARD!!! Wally is out back so I'm screaming for him to come inside, which thankfully he did. That SKUNK walked INTO MY FENCED YARD and was walking around. I don't think it had rabies at all, but OMG if Wally got skunked… I watched him finally walk out of the yard into the woods behind the house. Poor thing must be looking for food…

I swear I'm about to lose it over here… LMAO!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:eek: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. skunk??!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:eek: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. skunk??!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

I know… I almost had a heart attack!!! I've NEVER seen one walk around in the daytime…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... Jesus woman, you need to start writing a sit-com, cause i swear you are living one

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG... Jesus woman, you need to start writing a sit-com, cause i swear you are living one

NOBOBY would believe it, I would have to provide video… :rofl: Now I'm nervous to let Wally out to go potty… on skunk patrol… Lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgAww how cute Tracey Pepe loves you. We have so many skunks in my neighbourhood, we have families of them from the spring, all summer and into the fall. I would have to watch for them in the early mornings when I took Dozer and Blossom for potty. They were out in the night and early mornings looking for food, especially on garbage night. I haven't seen any over the winter, but we do get raccoons.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Did you ever see that commercial where the lady needs glasses and she lets what she thinks is the cat in and its a giant racoon? This story reminds me of it. Nice kitty! Lol

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I've never seen a skunk in my neighborhood! I know it's bad--I used to feed the possums at my house. I could feed some of them by hand. We would have raccoons too. I loved the possums, but I quit feeding them because I was afraid the coyotes would get them as we have those guys too during the night. But a skunk would freak me out!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 84197Aww how cute Tracey Pepe loves you. We have so many skunks in my neighbourhood, we have families of them from the spring, all summer and into the fall. I would have to watch for them in the early mornings when I took Dozer and Blossom for potty. They were out in the night and early mornings looking for food, especially on garbage night. I haven't seen any over the winter, but we do get raccoons.

I'm starting to think we may have a family nearby too Monica… another neighbor posted that he dog got hit last week!!! Ugh...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever see that commercial where the lady needs glasses and she lets what she thinks is the cat in and its a giant racoon? This story reminds me of it. Nice kitty! Lol

That commercial cracks me up… I HOPE I don't let a skunk in!!! Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've never seen a skunk in my neighborhood! I know it's bad--I used to feed the possums at my house. I could feed some of them by hand. We would have raccoons too. I loved the possums, but I quit feeding them because I was afraid the coyotes would get them as we have those guys too during the night. But a skunk would freak me out!

We have coyotes, possum and raccoons as well as deer, snakes, etc… Most of them stay away from the houses, but I guess this one didn't get the memo.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good think you saw it and got him inside. It is rare to see them during the day, so I'm thinking something wasn't right with him, and hopefully not rabies.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good think you saw it and got him inside. It is rare to see them during the day, so I'm thinking something wasn't right with him, and hopefully not rabies.

That's what I was thinking David, and I'm concerned… I have NEVER seen one during the daytime hours.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I know people who have pet skunks. Before all of the development around me we used to see them daily now not so much. I do have a family of opossum that live under the shed next door that the dogs chase up and down the fence line from time to time though.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh... Logan just went to take the trash can to the road, and he saw the skunk across the street. He's never going to leave...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.