Got our bulldog yesterday...is this normal??

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Normal! Get used to it, everywhere you take her. She's beautiful!

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Thank you everyone! We are pretty smitten :happy:

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I call them the paparazzi! Lol we stroll to Lowe's to buy things we could get at walmart, or anywhere really, just so we can take our babies. :) They love the attention, but people can be rude sometimes, I wasn't ready for it, but it does happen. We get the cross ways stares and, "wow, I would pet them, but that buggy is too expensive for me" "Whoa! That's $5,000 worth of dog in there" "What do you all do for a living?!"

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Completely normal… and they seem to eat it up as well!!! Be aware of your surroundings though, especially in public… unfortunately bullies are stolen often.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
YES!! Whenever I take Dually anywhere we get stopped. If I take him for a walk people stop their cars and point. I cant go anywhere without someone stopping us to pet him or ask questions. I love it!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Olivia , yes this completely normal, I remeber when I first brought our guys home, my neighbours came running over to the house, and some would knock on the door and ask to see them, or want to show them to their company, mom or friend that would be at their house. When we would go on walks with them, it would take us an hour to walk one block because everyone wanted to pet them, talk about them or take their pictures. The camera phones, I Pads or cameras would come out, and people would even stop their cars to see them. I call them the Pupparazzi. Lol. I agree with others advice of not ever leaving them alone, don't tie them up outside a store while you go in, or leave them in your backyard alone, as bullies are one of the most stolen breed of dog. Welcome to being a Bully parent. Enjoy the fame. It does quiet down when they get older, but as puppies leave an hour for your walks and be prepared to be mobbed by strangers who want to love on them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.