Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: he hates his kennel

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: he hates his kennel

@kiss1069 I never understood crating until recently either. We grew up with dogs but never thought to crate them ever. When we got Cutty he was crate trained and slept in it every night but when we got home and had a crate for him he told us he didnt want to go in and that was it. He has slept in our bed ever since, talk about suckers right? haha We returned the crate the next day and never looked back. BUT now after being on the forum I have realized they are important and even a nice safe den for the pups to go to. If I had a pup now I would probably try it at least.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

AW! I'm so sad for your baby and yourself! The first couple of days are the worse- BUT they do get better! I didn't start Lola right away in the kennel as they are scared. They have been removed from their brothers and sisters and are in a whole new environment. The 1st week of Lola arriving to our house we put her in the bathroom. We baby gated the door so she couldn't get out then, I put a blanket, a pee pee pad, and removed everything and anything she could possibly pee on or chew. Then I started to slowly introduce her to her kennel. I'd leave the door open and put her blanket in there. She'd sniff around, go in and out, and eventually she'd sleep in it. She still doesn't 100% like her kennel but she that's where she sleeps every night. Good luck!

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn I know that both my smaller dogs like being kenneled without a problem but i just dont do it...even the rottie runs into a kennel instead of being out in the cold but again the only reason id do it is if it was to keep them seperate or for transportation

"So Let It Be Written"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads