2nd session

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Went well. However, the behaviorist says to stay off of chat boards, forums, etc.
'They don't know what they're talking about.'

What am I supposed to think about this statement? I know ya'll aren't professionals... you've all said you're not. Still makes me upset that he said that.

Back to the session. Learned how to use a slip collar. Learned how to let Chubbs know I'm in control of his food, the bowl, and when he gets the food. How he has to be calm and must stay calm while waiting for food. If he stays calm, then he gets food.

When we got home, I was making myself lunch. He was being good so I was giving treats, wanted to put what we just learned into practice. The slip collar was tangled in his leash so I touched his front paw and that's when it started. The aggression. He tried to bite but I know how to avoid it now, for the most part. I'm fine, no bites this time. I backed him up against the kitchen 'island'. He couldn't move and he wasn't happy.

When he finally calmed down (only took about 5 minutes) I walked away and finished making my lunch. I wanted him in a certain spot, to either sit or lay down in that spot. So I waited for him to do that and when he did, I walked away. When my lunch was ready, I sat down and ate. He watched for a little and then turned around. Looked at me a little bit and I said to him: now do ya know who's boss? And kept eating. He laid down and eventually went to sleep.

I'm hoping this is good.
uploadfromtaptalk1424292899072.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:giggle: stay off of the chat/forums ... eh, yeah, OK! :rofl:

I get what the trainer is saying, but as you know, we all said the same thing -- get a trainer in the house, we can help to an extent, but hands on and visual is what you needed. I love for you to share the experience with us and we get to learn as you do, but if what we respond or say confuses you --- then by all means do what is best for you and Chubbs and just share pictures and fun stuff with us. Do what makes you comfortable and helps get you and Chubbs on track!

Kick-*** on the ignorance training today :up:

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
:giggle: stay off of the chat/forums ... eh, yeah, OK! :rofl:

I get what the trainer is saying, but as you know, we all said the same thing -- get a trainer in the house, we can help to an extent, but hands on and visual is what you needed. I love for you to share the experience with us and we get to learn as you do, but if what we respond or say confuses you --- then by all means do what is best for you and Chubbs and just share pictures and fun stuff with us. Do what makes you comfortable and helps get you and Chubbs on track!

Kick-*** on the ignorance training today :up:

Oh there's no way in h3ll I'm staying off this site. You guys are awesome!!!
I'll definitely keep sharing with ya'll. [emoji2]

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Went well. However, the behaviorist says to stay off of chat boards, forums, etc.
'They don't know what they're talking about.'

What am I supposed to think about this statement? I know ya'll aren't professionals... you've all said you're not.
Still makes me upset that he said that.

Sorry, in lieu of yet another bite, I'm not too impressed with trainer
so far and yea, some UNIFORMED sites may not know their sh*t but
that's not EBN. Unless you're happy w/this guy....NEXT!

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Hmmm...I've worked with several trainers through the years. The best ones were open minded. We had a Belgian malinois a few years ago that had resource guarding issues. Our trainer actually encouraged me to join a forum and do research online. Her stance was that someone might think of something that she hadn't. She was all for getting outside input if it could help the dog. It sounds like your trainer is on a bit of a power trip. Unless you really like him I would look for someone else. JMO :)

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Sorry, in lieu of yet another bite, I'm not too impressed with trainer
so far and yea, some UNIFORMED sites may not know their sh*t but
that's not EBN. Unless you're happy w/this guy....NEXT!

The only good thing about this trainer is that he's blunt. He's absolutely cocky and we're definitely looking at other trainers.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Hmmm...I've worked with several trainers through the years. The best ones were open minded. We had a Belgian malinois a few years ago that had resource guarding issues. Our trainer actually encouraged me to join a forum and do research online. Her stance was that someone might think of something that she hadn't. She was all for getting outside input if it could help the dog. It sounds like your trainer is on a bit of a power trip. Unless you really like him I would look for someone else. JMO :)
Oh for sure, this guy is on a power trip! This resource guarding is extremely stressful.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.