Question

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
My bulldog pup is AKC registered..I just read NAPR ..anyone else registered to that? Or it's pretty much the same with AKC?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Are you asking if you should register with "NAPR?"

I just looked them up (never heard of them) and they say they register purebred dogs.

But how do they determine this? Based on the questions they ask (breeders name, sire and dams name) it looks like they're just googling the info. to see if your dog (or his family tree) is AKC registered. If so, you're in.
If that's the case, they should be ashamed of themselves.

In essence, you're providing the info. (registered your dog with AKC, and the breeders registered the sire and dam with AKC too) and paying NAPR for the info. you already provided AKC. It's a bulls**t registry.

But I could be wrong (I'm very pessimistic lately.) So I'd send them an email asking how they prove the dogs registered with them are purebreds.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I never heard of them either. If your dogs are AKC registered, what is the point-unless they put on "special shows" for dogs in their registry.....such as some Donkey registries do. May just be a money maker-for them!
Doesn't seem too "popular" as there is only ONE classified, and most online ever was 19. That could ring a bell! Don't waste your money!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
There's no point... Not even special shows. NAPR is a business, not a standards organization. They don't really check that your dog is purebred, they don't even check if your dog is a healthy specimen of the breed. The only thing they really do is give puppy mills an advertising outlet. So, NAPR is the puppy mill of registries.

You can save $2 by simply giving me your $10 to register your dog and I'll add you to my Anatess Purebred English Bulldogs Registry. I'll give you nutrition tips and post your litter on EBN... that's more service than you can get at NAPR.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Thanks. Yeah I googled about EB and those came up so I was wondering if it's legit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah

Members online

No members online now.