TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
How much does he weight? My Usko was on Rimadyl, but he got 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening and the vet said that for his weight 2 1/5 is max for one day. Usko weights about 65lbs.
[MENTION=6803]bulldogmama[/MENTION] ^^^ agree with above, Tyson got 1 full pill twice a day... he may need a little boost on the meds.

OP
BulldogMomma

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] he is 66 pounds. I am calling now to see if we can up his dose. He is doing better but I can tell he is still in pain between doses.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
@2BullyMama they gave us Rimadyl for pain and inflammation. He gets half of one in the morning and at night. Right now he is laying on the LoveSac on top of blankets and covered with 2 blankets but still shivery. Not sure if he is cold or in pain.. One of the blankets is down so I can't imagine he is that cold!

I assume that it's the same for humans and dogs, if so it is the pain killers making King George shiver. I have had so many surgerys in the past and have gone though the same thing shivering as well as feling cold even though the room temperature was warm.
Hope King George is better very soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in on Y'all, hoping George got meds increased
and/or his pain is diminished.

How about you & Hubby, how are y'all holding up?

OP
BulldogMomma

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
We did get dosage up and that seems to have done the trick!!! One pill in the am and one in pm. Hasn't done the shaking since. George is peeing MUCH better and actually sucked on one of his toys last night before going to sleep. Hasn't done that since before surgery! We are holding up. Husband more so than me. I'm still waking up checking to see if he is sleeping/breathing. I'm a worrier though so this is typical!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad King George is doing Wonderful after his surgery, so glad it was caught in time for this Special Bully Baby. Give George a Hug and Kiss from Me and Elmo.