Chew Toys

Feb 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley
Charley is a HUGE fan of the Benebone chew toys; they are easy for him to hold and they last, which makes me a fan of them as well!

IMG_0381.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

I wanted to know what other chew toys people have had success with, in terms of both likeness by the bully and durability! He is quite the chewer and goes through toys very quickly!

:thanks:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs have all sorts of Durabones, made by Nylabone-the BIG sizes. They are tough chewers, and the toys last.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
That's been a tough one for us. The boys chew up nylabones. Had to throw the nylabones away. Pull rope kong. They chewed up the rope. Puncture tennis balls. Squeak toys may last 5 minutes. Bully bones they might get choked on. The only chew bones to last are the Blue Wilderness Elk Antlers. In East Tennessee they are $45.00 each. We are religious about their diet so the rows dental bones, milk bones and etc at the store are out. Kong and Elk is the best so far.

OP
Chunky Charley
Feb 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley
Thanks for the Elk antlers and larger Durabone suggestions; Charley is on a really strict diet as well, so we don't give him any of that stuff either. Have you tried Benebone? Your boys may enjoy them!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
My dogs have all sorts of Durabones, made by Nylabone-the BIG sizes. They are tough chewers, and the toys last.

Hey Lynn help us out. The boys have gone through Benebone, Dura Chew Peanut Souper, Dura Texture Tug and Dura Double Bacon Bone. On all of them they chew chunks off and I get scared and throw them away. Which Durabone works with your dogs.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Durabones are not edible bones-they are very tough for chewing on.Giant-not puppy sized.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint: I love that face... he is so so handsome!

We stick with nylabones, antlers, and marrow bones

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use the nylabones, elk antlers, and sometimes I buy those plain marrow large bones and put peanut butter in it.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh he's so cute!!!!! Too bad he can't have Elk antlers, that was my suggestion. I also get the marrow bones that 2BullyMama mentioned. Once Ruckus digs out the marrow I stuff them with other treats.

If he's on a special diet you could create your own "frozen Kong" recipe with ingredients he can have. Get the black Kongs (strongest they make) that are hollow. You can mix his kibble with yogurt or whatever and freeze it. He'll go nuts and be quite entertained.

AlphaMum

Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Charley is adoraBULL!

I gave my puppy Winston a chicken flavored Nylabone and the thing was gone in 30 minutes! lol

I bought him this Petstages Chew Stick two days ago, Petstages Durable Stick Dog Chew Toy, Medium and he LOVES it. It's lasted just fine for him so far!

I'll have my guy try the one you're cutie is using. :)

Oh, I also have a Petstages chewie with a hole in it, and I put a little coconut oil in it! Yummm!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I LOVE those pics of Charley and his Benebone. I just discovered those this past Christmas and got them for the boys, 1 in bacon and the other in pb flavor. They enjoy them a lot but do you need to put a towel around Charley when he chews his? Tate and Finn make a little mess with theirs.

My guys still love their Kongs and Finn is obsessed with his football which he goes to bed with and chews on like it's a pacifier:
football.jpgPlanet Dog Orbee-Tuff Football

maxsmom

Feb 8, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Max loves the antlers and the kong wubba, tugga and binkie. The kong toys seem to be the best and provide enough spring back when his gums are sore. Oh and he absolutely adores chomping on ice cubes. Water frozen in the kong works too!

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I'm definitely going to get Belle a kong. I bought her a dried beef trachea but she destroyed it pretty quickly. It's a great source of Chondroitin Sulfate Glucosamine so she'll get one occasionally, but I need a longer lasting chew.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.