LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Hewooooo!

I mean, good day everyone. (The big guy says howdy).

My name is Nelson, Lord Nelson actually, and I have stolen the big guy's keyboard for the night, since he hardly ever posts.

I can't believe it has been over a year since the big guy and I started hanging out. It went a bit fast for me, but that's probably because I spent most of it deep in thought -- the big guy calls that sleeping, I call it thinking -- we agree to disagree on this point. When first meeting him, I was concerned about house training, but he's taken to it well; he keeps fans around me most of the year, and makes sure I have some food in the morning and evening. There could be more food, but he's a work in progress.

It's been a pretty good year. He made me sick for a bit, and confined me to a small area of the house to start with, but that helped me get rid of these nasty little things called "heartworms". After that, we've had nice walks almost every day. I admit that during my convalesence, I did let him lift me up on the couch so that I could doze against his leg while recovering. I am also lodging a formal protest in that I should be allowed on the couch at all times... so far this has fallen on deaf ears, but I shall not be deterred!

It was pretty obvious that the big guy had never been around a bulldog before. I still feel he doesn't feed me enough, but I have successfully obtained bananas, pears, apples, broccoli (yum!) and steak. We also have bacon on saturday. I would like more bacon, but again, you can't always get good help these days.

The big guy is kinda boring, but at least he has taken me out to meet more people and other doggies. I am trying to convince him to let me become a therapy dog so that I can meet more people, but he said something about "classes", and aside from riding in the car to them, I'm not sure that school is my thing. I do like meeting people though. I generally express my approval by shedding fine white hair on them and then giving them a bit of slobber for good luck... it's an old bulldog tradition.

While the big guy could feed more more, and give me more treats/steak/bacon, and let me sleep in a bit more in the morning, AND grant full couch privileges, in general he's not a bad guy. I've passed on word to my other bully brethren that some of these people are pretty decent and that we, particularly older bullies should look at rescuing them. They need baths more often than we do, but we all have our faults.

You know, this is kinda tiring, so I need to go and err, think a bit more.

Licks and snuggles to those that are hurting.

Lord Nelson, and the big guy (aka "the denier of treats")

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Great post, made my day!!! Lola and Floyd would agree with you Lord Nelson, there's just never enough food :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Lord Nelson, you write pretty well for a bulldog. About em treats, keep trying, eventually the big guy will cave in. We also need to see your pictures so we here at EBN can admire them.

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
That was a cute read! Very clever and witty !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
This is amazing! LordNelson, we must see you! When you're done thinking, please post pictures. :pray:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hah, Lord Nelson - you are so articulate with your words. Just give that big guy the "look" you know the look, its guaranteed to swoon him over for sure... I mean, come on... the couch was meant for sitting/snoozing anyway. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hi there Lord Nelson,
Great post and great to see another bulldog active on EBN!

-Castor

PS. Did someone say "treats"???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Nelson! How you doin'?

good to see you, er, 'denier of treats' posting again!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great post, thank you for sharing great tips on how the education
of the big guy is coming along, a work in progress as you say, lol
Love hearing from you again, please try & stop in more often, send
pics if and when you can, GOD bless you & yours!

OP
L

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
The denier of treats here,
Nelson would like to thank everyone (as well as the Academy) for their responses. He is glad to have made someone (besides me) smile.
Here is an old pic and a newer pic. To me he seems lanky (for a bulldog), but he also loves exercise (and running over short distances).

I haven't figured out how to teach him "shake" yet, but it took 1 minute to teach him "belly", which is where he drops down, flips over, and gets a belly rub.
He's a smart guy...

Cheers everyone!

Nelson-grass.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:bravo: Lord Nelson, thank you so much for rescuing Big Guy! All he needs is a little more time, and he'll come around with the couch and extra Bacon (all humans do) :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.