Clothing Patterns

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I'm sure this has been posted before, forgive me, but I really don't want to go through all the old threads if I don't have to!

I've been looking all over the place for a good bulldog clothing pattern. All I can find is pre-made, very expensive clothing. Does anyone have a pattern they like? It doesn't have to be free, although that would be nice :p I have tried making my own but our Bear isn't very cooperative. I end up with shredded scraps of fabric! I'm teaching myself to crochet and I know the basics of knitting, so ANY pattern would be nice. Though, I'm sooo much better at sewing.

Thanks Guys!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have NO idea if anyone on here has made clothes for their bullies?!! I'm going to tag some members to see if they can help...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry, no one I know of either. [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] --- any suggests from your interactions at the craft shows?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I haven't seen any ready-made patterns for English bulldog coats, but have seen many tutorials on how to construct a pattern. As bulldogs come in all sizes, I would guess you might need to adjust the pattern anyway? I've seen several websites where they suggest you use an old jacket, which seems like a great idea as winter coat fabrics tend to be expensive. Here are some patterns where I think you would just need to take measures of your dog and then you can make the pattern based on the info provided.

Make a Dog Coat: Sewing a dog coat from a warm-up jacket | Fine Diving in Chicago
Sew DoggyStyle: DIY Pet Coat Pattern

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I wish I knew of a pattern that existed. I know a couple of people that make bulldog sweaters but that's it. I checked out Etsy and I didn't see anything there either. There's bulldog sweaters/jackets there, just do a search on Etsy using "english bulldog clothes".

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have discovered that [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] is quite talented at making aluminum foil items. Perhaps she can design something for you.................?:ROFL:

Great ideas from [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] for patterns.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.