Does your bully turn into a pumpkin too?

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Around 10pm every night, it's like Cinderella. He goes from lovebug to grumpy gus! If we are sitting on the couch, he will lay down and fall asleep. If not he growls and barks until I put him in his crate to sleep. I can't figure out why he doesn't just go into his crate on his own!

Does this happen to anyone else?!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Sorta Jozi just goes and hides. Lately
she has been going and getting in her
crate on her own. :up:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Mr.Beefy does that too....almopst everynight he will growl and bark and chewbacca like crazy!!! i finally have to tell him to go his big butt to sleep or sit on the floor and give him a wrinkle rub. I think its an older rotten bully thing

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmm. So crazy because usually I'm winding down about that time and he gets SO fresh sometimes that it makes me crazy! Last night we was growling at me so I sat on the couch thinking he'd doze off and instead he pawed at me (I think he doesn't like the laptop for some reason). Tried throwing the ball, taking him out, but nothing! Funny that they really are like toddlers that need to be put to bed!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness will run around like an idiot until about 9 them boom done, then my gf will bring him on the couch and he is out till I put him in his crate @ 11ish. He will never go to his crate on his own but when I put him his is crate he isn't fighting me anymore which is good

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has a schedule to keep. She is quite used to going to bed with dad about 7:00 at night. ( he insists he's just going in to watch tv, he won't admit it's his through his eyelids :p) if he doesn't go to bed when she expects him to she has been known to just go on her own. If she doesn't just go you can tell even though she stays here that she's just waiting, and not very patiently either.

Last edited:
OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness will run around like an idiot until about 9 them boom done, then my gf will bring him on the couch and he is out till I put him in his crate @ 11ish. He will never go to his crate on his own but when I put him his is crate he isn't fighting me anymore which is good

The crate thing is hard isn't it? Chunk loves his crate but he still gives me a hard time when he has to go in it during the day, I think it's because he knows we are leaving. He goes in there all the time by himself ... except at bedtime! He feels the need to yell at me and paw at me! Funny dogs. BTW Guinness is ADORABLE! :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is on a schedule, ours! through the week we are in bed before 10 and all we have to say is "night-night" and he goes straight to his crate, on the weekends and we stay up a little later he goes by himself to his crate around 10 and passes out.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas is on a schedule, ours! through the week we are in bed before 10 and all we have to say is "night-night" and he goes straight to his crate, on the weekends and we stay up a little later he goes by himself to his crate around 10 and passes out.

I wish Chunk would do that! He's on our schedule too ... but the going to bed thing is the only part he gives me a hard time about. Typical 2 year old! :D

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy will not go to her crate on her own at bedtime. Infact its the only time she wont climb the stairs herself ,but sits there pityfully staring at daddy till he carries her up, puts her in her crate n gives her a big kiss nite nite :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack and Ruggles sleep on our laps on recliners until bedtime which is 9:30 to 10:00. They get in their own crate, get a treat (kibble), then snuggle together in one crate for the night. They have a pet door so they can take themselves potty anytime!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online