Smells and noises?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
When did you bully start producing very bad smells out his/her tush? It started yesterday for chubbs. Omg, so disgusting you wanna vomit. [emoji90] [emoji40]

Chubbs makes this noise when he's hanging out or in his crate. Sounds like a weird, loud yawn. Make sense?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, the only thing I can think of that would cause the smell is maybe he needs his anal glands expressed? Your vet can do this for you, or your groomer, and there are also some how to videos on how to do this as well. Does Chubbs drag or scoot his bum on the ground? Or does he leak any fowl smelling liquid from his bum? These are signs that the anal glands need expressing or cleaning. My guys have make this same sound it sounds like a yawn and a squeal together. Lol. Must be a Bully thing.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] No, no scooting, leaking or dripping. We think it's when he has to go potty. So, we'll take him out for ~20 minutes and nothing, just pee.
Yes, yawn and squeal, haha. Thx!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:faint:It still could be the anal glands even without scooting or leaking, it's worth a check to see if this is causing the smell. Or it could be gas. Is he silent farting maybe? Lol. I can't think of any other reasons why he would have such a strong odor from his behind. There normally shouldn't be a smell, especially one that makes you gag. I would have his glands checked out.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] haha. I'll make an appointment because this smell is just... yuck! Even hubby can't stand it!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Does the odor have a strong fishy smell, or smell like rotten eggs? This is usually a sign of anal gland problems.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] good question. If anything, it's probably a combination.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Oh no, not both. He got a double dose of odours? Lol
Hahaha, omg it smells so bad! It's nothing we've ever encountered. Do you know how low tide smells at the ocean? It's worse than that! Or food that's been left out for weeks? Worse. Baby's diaper? Worse. Crap spread on farms in the summer? Worse!!! Haha

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
If you are smelling what we call "stinky fish butt" it is most likely the anal glands. Our vet explained that smelling this is good (she has an odd sense of humor) because it means that the glands are expressing naturally. She said that it was a good sign that there is no blockage of the glands. She showed me how to express them if I was worried. :ohmy: I'll take her word for it that everything is OK. Now if the dog is doing the "boot scootin' boogie," there may be a problem.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] haha. yea, no scootin' here. Thx for the laugh though.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
It sounds like he needs his anal glands expelled. Keith picked Ruckus up in a particular way once and accidentally did this...he took 10 showers after.

Does Chubbs have a tail pocket? If he has gotten a yeast infection there, that can also smell putrid.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the gang has you covered... tail pocket or anal glands is what is sounds like

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.