Daycare--first time!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, Monday morning I took Winnie to Pappy's Pet Lodge, which is a daycare/boarding/grooming/training facility here. I wanted to get her around some other dogs besides Jack before we take her to the dog park. She did great with about a dozen large dogs. I was really proud of her. We watched her for twenty minutes or so, then came home and watched her on the webcams they have. She ran around some with the dogs, but mostly she wanted to be in the lap of one of the attendants in the room. We picked her up after a couple of hours and they said she did great. They said, "she likes the other dogs, but she really LOVES all the people (typical of a bully)." They also said that she obviously thinks she is a much smaller dog than she is because she climbs all over people and gets in their faces. :yes:

I love the place and I'm going to sign her up for the "manners" class there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great --- she will be one happy and tired bully at the end of her visits

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I took Boris to the Doggy daycare near my work to get more exposure to dogs and to hopefully tire him out a bit, but all he did was chase dogs around making the humping motion. They said he'd be fine and I left and went to work about an hour later i got a call asking to come pick him up cause you won't stop with his humping... He doesn't mount other dogs, but he follows them around humping the air. We take him in to get neutered tomorrow and hopefully the air humps become less of a common thing with him.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I took Boris to the Doggy daycare near my work to get more exposure to dogs and to hopefully tire him out a bit, but all he did was chase dogs around making the humping motion. They said he'd be fine and I left and went to work about an hour later i got a call asking to come pick him up cause you won't stop with his humping... He doesn't mount other dogs, but he follows them around humping the air. We take him in to get neutered tomorrow and hopefully the air humps become less of a common thing with him.

OMG. Poor thing.

I'm a little surprised they weren't able to keep him, regardless. At Bella's daycare, they actually keep the dogs separated. The dogs only interact with the staff, which I don't mind at all.

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I took Winnie back to daycare today for 3 hours, with her bro Jack. This time a dog immediately tried to attack her. They removed him from the room, saying he is kind of old and grumpy and only likes calm dogs (which Winnie isn't!). I left and came back home and went to my computer to watch, and Winnie had been put in the small dog room. When I went to pick them up and asked about Winnie, they said they moved her because she really doesn't have any boundaries and a lot of big dogs don't like that "in your face" attitude. But they said she did fine in the little dog room and that they'll keep her there for a while before they move her back with the big dogs. When I saw her through the webcam, she seemed to be either sitting and waiting for the attendant/babysitter to come back in the room and then she would get in her lap. Of course Jack was perfect in the big dog room. They are both pooped now and napping.

I'm also taking Winnie to daycare to get her used to being around other dogs. My husband also has health issues and has been hospitalized several times, so I wanted to feel that I have a good place to board Jack and Winnie if he's suddenly hospitalized again.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

that seems a bit unreasonable that they'd make him leave... our daycare has an unaltered pitbull who only gets short play sessions. They keep a watch on him and only let him play with dogs that can tolerate his level of energy. When they see he's getting too excited they remove him and let him calm down. I don't see why they couldn't do something like that with boris? Or at least keep him in another area with human interaction?

Frank, previously a humping machine, was neutered a month ago and has not mounted or even attempted to mount once since then. Hope Boris' neuter goes well!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online