Thread: Size of your Male English Bulldog

Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Default Size of your Male English Bulldog

Hello everyone,

I'm interested to know the age and size of your MALE English Bulldog. Why? Well…..

I think our Henry (8 months old) is turning in to a VERY big English bulldog. He is currently 30kg/66lbs, 17 1/2 inches to the "dip" in his back and 19inches to the top of his rear legs. He has come across various aged male bulldogs and he has been taller and heavy (apart from his head, which was not always bigger than some. I think he is turning in to great male for the breed and we will look to bread from him in the future.

I will let the images do the talking and would like to hear your thoughts, do we have any judges on here?

-img_1625-jpg

-img_1624-jpg

-img_1623-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1628-jpg  

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Size of your Male English Bulldog

Henry looks amazing. He looks very healthy, and solid. There are just some bullies that are bigger than others. Our Tyson is on the larger side as well, he turns 9 tomorrow, and weighs 79lbs. He is solid, alot of people think he is fat. He could lose a few pounds sure, but he has no issues with anything (Thank God). Vet says he's just built bigger - He goes on 2 walks everyday, and hasn't had any issues with his weight or mobility, etc. I am going to try and get him down to low 70's though just so that the Texas Summer is easier on him.
    -tyson-jpg

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Henry looks amazing. He looks very healthy, and solid. There are just some bullies that are bigger than others. Our Tyson is on the larger side as well, he turns 9 tomorrow, and weighs 79lbs. He is solid, alot of people think he is fat. He could lose a few pounds sure, but he has no issues with anything (Thank God). Vet says he's just built bigger - He goes on 2 walks everyday, and hasn't had any issues with his weight or mobility, etc. I am going to try and get him down to low 70's though just so that the Texas Summer is easier on him.
    -tyson-jpg
    Thanks Jessica, Tyson looks great too.

One thing we have noticed with Henry is that he can sprint really fast and is never out of breath, he seems to have larger nostrils than most too.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

That is a very good thing for Henry, and most likely its due to his age, he's a young buck! Tyson also has larger nostrils, lucky for us because we never had to do any type of surgery to correct. When Tyson was younger, I would also do small sprints with him, in increments, because you have to be so careful with their breathing. Texas is very humid... he can still move pretty quick (when he wants too) lol... but he has slowed down alot just over the last year. But I attribute his great health to always being active, walking daily, quality food, joint supplements, etc... because I have seen bulldogs his age that don't look as good as him. We have a neighbor down the street with a female who is just a few months younger than Tyson, she can barely move, and looks so aged. Poor baby.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boris Bullski
    Likes (Received)

Boris has just turned 7 months old and he's currently sitting at 41lbs /18.5kg. His front shoulders sit around 12 inches tall and his rear hips are at 13 inches. So far it would seem most of his weight is in the front and his rear is very tiny. I hope that he will start to fill out more in the rear as he seems to trip over his rear legs once and a while. We fear he has joint issues and see the Vet Thursday for the follow up Xrays to determine if he has hip dysplasia or not.

-boris-jpg-boris2-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

He reminds me of Banks.... she was 63lbs and had that big chest and dip to her back and she could run fast for a bully her size
    Our boy was smaller as he was 56-58 lbs.. and was not much for running at all
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoimangos View Post
    Boris has just turned 7 months old and he's currently sitting at 41lbs /18.5kg. His front shoulders sit around 12 inches tall and his rear hips are at 13 inches. So far it would seem most of his weight is in the front and his rear is very tiny. I hope that he will start to fill out more in the rear as he seems to trip over his rear legs once and a while. We fear he has joint issues and see the Vet Thursday for the follow up Xrays to determine if he has hip dysplasia or not.

-boris-jpg-boris2-jpg
    Look at him! He's so gorgeous!!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Our Canelo is turning 4 yo in May and he's a big boy. His chest circumference is 34" and a year ago he was 80lbs, we've gotten him down to 70 lbs and his vet is happy. When he was a pup, he would try to play with another. EB in our apartment complex named Lou. Lou is the biggest we've seen, not only wide but tall and he wasn't fat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Chubbs is 7 months today. Unfortunately, I'm not fond of being near him right now so these numbers are approximate. Crown of head to tail is 26". Front leg height is 14", back legs are 17". When we went to the vet last week (neuter), he weighed 33lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1423621466995-jpg   -uploadfromtaptalk1423621522700-jpg  

Real Name
    victor
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    chibs
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys this is chibs. He is 8 months 66lb. His current neck size is "24in and chest circumference of "32in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1423629518283-jpg  

Real Name
    Miranda
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

They are all so handsome! I've been wondering how big Max will get, I suppose he will be a pretty big boy too. Thanks for sharing!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

I wonder whose baby this is and how big he is. Love this picture!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1423631775781-jpg  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads