the bulldog flop

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank doesn't do anything gently... he seems to crash through life with a smile and, in typical bully fashion, has never really realized how big he is. (I type this from under a snoring Frank at his very moment, while my legs fall asleep)

Anyway, when he goes to lay down he just flops, pretty hard, he doesn't ease himself into a laying position at all! It's this normal for a bully? The first time he did it I panicked... I thought he had collapsed and passed out! Another other bully floppers out there?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
In my case it is normal as my Harlea does flop/plop down a lot. She has learned not to do it so much on the wood floors though.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus will flop/plop, Frankie is a bit more gracefull.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
As I visualize his 'hell bent for leather' mad dash thru life & huge grin,
it makes me grin! Have had a male & female bully, yes, they are like Frank.
Bullies are sturdy & tough, no worries!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My first three all were more graceful.... our weeks our puppy -- :laugh: Flops all the time, it is too funny

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
bella does this also!!! its either like she weighs 200 lbs or shes doing it to say ummm hey im here and this is my spot haha :w00t:

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo is Baby Huey and a bull in a china shop. He flops, he runs and mows things down like he's tiny. He has even fallen off the couch while sleeping, hit the floor and was still sleeping, wakes and looks around like hey, what happened. OMG, I'm laughing now, he cracks us up non stop, he has no grace. And yes he's tough though I worry about him when he falls off the couch. The last time he fell off the couch, he landed on his head and his body was against the couch and he stayed this way for about 5 seconds then gravity took over and his body slid sideways to the ground. I almost wet myself that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Chubbs is semi graceful until it's playtime. Then he just flat out flops around like a fish out of water.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus seems to just let his legs fall out from under him and belly flop onto the floor when he wants a nap. I used to think he fell or ran into something because the noise was so loud, but now I know it's just nap time!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Winslow does it pretty dramatically at night. He used to stretch himself off the chair, until his back legs just fell off of it and onto the floor.. But now he prefers to get off the chair, walk near the couch and flop against it.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Last night frank was snoozing with me on my reclining chair. I decided it was time to hit the hay and gently tried to wake him. He was a rock and wouldn't move so I rolled him over and planned to carry him to his crate. He had other ideas! I rolled him up onto my belly and he passed out snoring within seconds. he makes me laugh every day!

33w3zbo.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.