Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Poor Dozer, we went for a walk over to PetValu this afternoon to get some treats and poop bags for the dogs, yesterday we took them over to get their nails trimmed. When we there today the guy who trimmed the nails yesterday said one of Dozers nails looked a little long still and he trimmed it, well he yelped really loud and his nail started to bleed like crazy. He kept putting the powder on it to stop the bleeding but he kept knocking it off because he was too excited to see everyone and wanted to be pet by everyone. We stayed for about 1/2 an hour before it stopped bleeding, and hubby walked home to get the car so he wouldn't have to walk home. I was afraid the salt on the roads and sidewalks would irritate and sting his wound. We live across the street from the Plaza so we had walked over there. He's home now and the bleeding has stopped. I felt so bad for him, but I think the guy felt worse, he wanted to give us back the money for the nail clip, but because it was for charity this weekend I said No, but he gave us a discount for the purchase of the treats and bags.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH! poor little man, hope he is doing ok. Good call on getting the car, salt would have burned for sure

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I did the same thing to Maude yesterday. I put the styptic powder on it, but she kept licking it off. Took quite awhile to stop bleeding.(she probably won't allow me to cut anymore!) Everywhere she walked-left a blood trail, but the hyenas cleaned it up. Bad Mommy!:hissycry: At least Dozer won't blame Mom! Glad he is okay!:yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww, sending Dozer love (and Momma too), just makes us feel so badly :(

Hoping it doesn't happen to Cami tomorrow, her nails have gotten way too
long, I feel so neglectful of her, poor 'lil love.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Aww poor Dozer. I hope he feels better soon.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, he's doing better tonight, at least the bleeding stopped, but he is favouring the back paw. When we went out for their last potty this evening, he was holding up his back paw and hopping on the other 3 legs. I'm sure he'll be fine tomorrow. I read online that you can also use a bar of soap to stop the bleeding. Good to know.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Awww poor guy. It sounds like he took it rather well though. I'm glad I don't have to do too much trimming on Ruckus's nails because he walks on the pavement so much they stay short.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Awww poor Dozer...kisses and hugs....you just get everything out of this....they will pamper you if you look like in pain...;)

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
poor fella!! he'll have a sore toe for a minute!!! that happens sometimes on bella's black toe nails

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, he seems no worse for wear, and he's walking on his paw without any problems, and it hasn't started bleeding again so I'm sure he'll be fine. I just hope this doesn't make him afraid to get his nails trimmed next time. Hopefully he forgets about it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.