wooops...

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Well due to the snow storms this week my food shipment got delayed with FedEx and low and behold I am out of dog food entirely.:angry: So I fixed up some rice, chicken, and string beans plus made some homemade doggie treats, cheese and peanut butter flavors. The doggies LOVE them so I think i will just make homemade treats for them, that is if Bear doesn't have a reaction. Wonder how long it will take for me to know for sure...

I felt the rice/chicken would be better on the bully stomach vs going out and getting an entirely different food. am i wrong? well anyways no problems yet.:whew:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] are your home-made treats grain free? I put a little peanut butter on one of Vega's rubber bones and he will chew on it forever, that is how I get him out of my behind when I am busy cleaning the house.

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Bear loves peanut butter too, funny you have to do that with Vegas when you clean, I have to crate Bear sometimes because he is up my butt and i can't do anything properly. Especially when I am cooking he gets between my legs and the stove/cabinets. The cheese treats and 1/2 the peanut butter ones are grain free made with an all purpose flour. the other 1/2 of the peanut butter ones, I put oats in just to see. I don't think Bear has grain allergies as I had him on Avoderm for a few months with no problems. If he gets a reaction, Lord knows what it is from because I've given him people eggs, chicken, rice, string beans, asparagus, and even the rest of my son's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. i feel horrible for not being prepared as far as food goes, I am going to order an extra bag to have on hand.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Feeding bear rice and chicken or rice and hamburger will actually help his tummy, it is a bland diet. When you get your food, just mix kibble with the rice and chicken for a day and you should not even see one soft serve :poo:

I have been in your situation too, always cutting it too close. I changed my petflow to ship sooner now so I don't run into that issue anymore!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Hope everything comes out OK.
Pun intended. :p
I wish someone would cook chicken
and rice for me.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Bear probably thinks he is on vacation getting all that good food and treats! I did not even think of that when I ran out, so smart. How much are you giving him?

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] I made 3 Cups of plain white rice. Once it was done I took half of that and added a can of undrained string beans, a chicken breast I had baked last night. I gave Bear I am guessing about 4 Cups worth of food for today. My beagle got the rest. Plus i gave him about 4 cheese biscuits and 5 peanut butter treats. I am insane, he has been so excited eating today he does think he is in heaven I'm sure. When the food gets here tomorrow, he may be disappointed, lol.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
This is why I would be a nerveous wreck if I had to wait for a shipment of food. No snow here, but it could get hung up for other reasons, or snow it has to pass thru. The chicken and rice sounds like the perfect answer! Good thinking!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That was very good thinking .... not sure I would have thought of it!!!

I think I've got enough Fromm to get me through about three more days, and the Petflow shipment is due on Tuesday!! I also found another store close to where I work that I can get the 15lb bags from but it works out SO much more expensive ($30 for 15lb). But at least I have that as a back-up plan!!

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I just changed my autoship to petflow last week. With pet food direct my shipments were done on the 29th of the month so I was cutting it close to begin with. I changed my autoship to every 3 weeks instead of 4 and ordered and extra bag to have on hand.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Same thing happend to me today! So I am going to try the Vegas stew and give only 1 cup of kibble instead of 2. I also ordered an extra bag! Boy was I :angry: this morning!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.