CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I have a question for those following this thread about my tiny baby. When we went to pick her up to transfer her to the emergency clinic this evening her little butt was R A W it's swollen, and BRIGHT red! I actually thought her anus was covered in blood when I started giving her the mommy once over. She had "poop", which is now just slime, dried on her legs, tail, and butt, and semi formed slime caked on her tail pocket. WHY would my vet allow my baby to get this way?! She has diarrhea, BUT she doesn't tuck her tail to make the area more prone to reddness, she can't fight them, and a daily dab with a cold cloth on her tush wouldn't take a minute to do. We mentioned it to the wench mentioned above and all she said was, "she has diarrhea". Duh! Wipe her! Bring me a freaking wet cold wash cloth and I'll dab that baby's butt! Maybe I'm overreacting but if a HUMAN patient was allowed to have diarrhea and it clob up on their butt and iritate it like her tiny butt is the family would be havin' a hangin'!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Poor little thing! I would definitely make sure they know how unhappy you are with their lack of care. I can't imagine how worried you are about this little baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a question for those following this thread about my tiny baby. When we went to pick her up to transfer her to the emergency clinic this evening her little butt was R A W it's swollen, and BRIGHT red! I actually thought her anus was covered in blood when I started giving her the mommy once over. She had "poop", which is now just slime, dried on her legs, tail, and butt, and semi formed slime caked on her tail pocket. WHY would my vet allow my baby to get this way?! She has diarrhea, BUT she doesn't tuck her tail to make the area more prone to reddness, she can't fight them, and a daily dab with a cold cloth on her tush wouldn't take a minute to do. We mentioned it to the wench mentioned above and all she said was, "she has diarrhea". Duh! Wipe her! Bring me a freaking wet cold wash cloth and I'll dab that baby's butt! Maybe I'm overreacting but if a HUMAN patient was allowed to have diarrhea and it clob up on their butt and iritate it like her tiny butt is the family would be havin' a hangin'!

I would be infuriated and talking to the owner of the practice... that is unacceptable

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

That is unacceptable, don't take her back there again! I would have ripped them a new one. Find a new vet, I'm sitting here wondering if that environment she was in could be the reason why she's not improving. I hate that people are being rude, but don't let that get to you. Find the best place for her, and give her all the loving you can. She needs to see you, hear you, smell you. Dogs respond so well to their mommys & daddys. When our Tyson had gone into respiratory attack and we went in to see him, he was unresponsive. They had him incubated of course, but he just looked dead, laying there on the table. Once we came in and started talking to him, petting him, (I was crying) - his little nose started to twitch, and he started to respond. So much, that he had to take him away because they didn't' want him waking up suddenly, and not being able to breath.

Continued prayers for you and that sweet baby Angel - I just know she can pull through this! Come on Angel, we're all rooting for you! :pray:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
GOD bless your little Angel, and bring her through this. And when she makes it,do have a talk with the person in charge. Having the diarrhea would certainly make her red and sore,it is so caustic-but not keeping her as clean as is possible, is inexcusable. I am praying:pray: for her to keep on fighting and pull through this. No reason for the "tech" to speak to you that way, either.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is unacceptable, don't take her back there again! I would have ripped them a new one. Find a new vet, I'm sitting here wondering if that environment she was in could be the reason why she's not improving. I hate that people are being rude, but don't let that get to you. Find the best place for her, and give her all the loving you can. She needs to see you, hear you, smell you. Dogs respond so well to their mommys & daddys. When our Tyson had gone into respiratory attack and we went in to see him, he was unresponsive. They had him incubated of course, but he just looked dead, laying there on the table. Once we came in and started talking to him, petting him, (I was crying) - his little nose started to twitch, and he started to respond. So much, that he had to take him away because they didn't' want him waking up suddenly, and not being able to breath.

Continued prayers for you and that sweet baby Angel - I just know she can pull through this! Come on Angel, we're all rooting for you! [emoji14]ray:
I'm going to move her to a new 24 hour vet that just opened a few weeks ago. The family has been in practice here for a very long time, but just recently expanded to emergency/24 hour treatment. The treatment plan for Angel is exactly verbatim what is recommended, although, they dont have 24 hour coverage at our regular vet. The cleanliness problem went further than I thought, too. Her IV blew on them again at the emergency vet last night, and they didn't put another one in. She had the cone of shame on her head, and since she didn't have an IV I took the cone off her, and BAM the smell was absolutely putrid coming from her neck. She had dried "puke", which like her poop is slime, from her mouth down to where the cone was fastened. *sigh* We aren't allowed to see her because she's in isolation. They allowed us a short peek in her cage Sunday morning, and to transport her is the only contact we've had with our baby girl. I just feel terrible....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm going to move her to a new 24 hour vet that just opened a few weeks ago. The family has been in practice here for a very long time, but just recently expanded to emergency/24 hour treatment. The treatment plan for Angel is exactly verbatim what is recommended, although, they dont have 24 hour coverage at our regular vet. The cleanliness problem went further than I thought, too. Her IV blew on them again at the emergency vet last night, and they didn't put another one in. She had the cone of shame on her head, and since she didn't have an IV I took the cone off her, and BAM the smell was absolutely putrid coming from her neck. She had dried "puke", which like her poop is slime, from her mouth down to where the cone was fastened. *sigh* We aren't allowed to see her because she's in isolation. They allowed us a short peek in her cage Sunday morning, and to transport her is the only contact we've had with our baby girl. I just feel terrible....

At least she's smelled you & knows you are around. I know you are doing what is best for her. I hope this new 24 hr vet is the answered prayer, and she can start to get better! Poor baby... I can't wait for her to feel better & get home!

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ono so sorry your having this experience with you vet & vet tech it's an upsetting and worry time for you as it is without the added rudeness of the people that are caring for her! You might of already done this but when Ruby was in 24hr care we left her blanket at the vets with her it helps for them to have something with the sent of home on it.....sending lots of prays and hope your baby's home with you soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and prayers! I'm on my way now to the 24 hour vet with her now. :(
24ac60e8ad6fe01c29ce95e1cc73b4f7.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and prayers! I'm on my way now to the 24 hour vet with her now. :(

Oh my goodness, look at that precious face! Please love all over her, and like a previous member mentioned, maybe leave an article of clothing of yours with her at the new ER vet. I am so praying for that little Angel.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Best wishes to your little Angel.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
sweet thing!! get better asap!! prayers and hugs sent yalls way!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Precious baby! Sending hugs kisses and prayers she recovers soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
How Precious is Angel, She is a Sweet Heart. Praying for Angel a Speedy Recovery. Angel is in My Thoughts and Prayers all the time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.