Angel isn't improving...

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
I hope your precious baby girl pulls through and recovers from her bout with parvo! Many happy thoughts and wishes headed your way from our little family to yours!!

DSC_0168.jpg

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
Our tiny baby Angel has been battling Parvo since Monday and isn't improving very quickly, if at all. The vet pulled her IV yesterday after having a good morning, but later that evening she took another turn for the worse. Now they can't get her IV back in, so they've been giving her sub-q fluids. Everyone please say a prayer for our tiny baby!
d2a526879c2125f6da6acc73eb54cb3a.jpg

How is she doing?

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
How is she doing?
The vet says she seems to be, slowly, on the mend! Earlier today she was barking, trying to play, and her belly didn't seem as tender. Still not eating, and having diarrhea, but no throwing up! They said they would monitor her throughout the day tomorrow and if she continues to improve we may be able to bring her home Monday! She's probably going to be skin and bones, but a week of cottage cheese, canned food, vitamins, while slowly introducing her back to Fromm's will get her bouncy, Buddha belly self back!

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Praying for your sweet little Angel to continue improving every day. She should blossom once she is home again with your TLC. *crossing paws and fingers* She will be able to come home Monday. :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Prayers and Positive Thoughts are coming your way for Your Sweet Angel, Angel is So Beautiful.

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
The vet says she seems to be, slowly, on the mend! Earlier today she was barking, trying to play, and her belly didn't seem as tender. Still not eating, and having diarrhea, but no throwing up! They said they would monitor her throughout the day tomorrow and if she continues to improve we may be able to bring her home Monday! She's probably going to be skin and bones, but a week of cottage cheese, canned food, vitamins, while slowly introducing her back to Fromm's will get her bouncy, Buddha belly self back!

I am not that informed with Parvovirus, the only thing I really know is that it is super contagious between pups and unvaccinated dogs. My chow chow caught Parvo and died several days later after intensive care. I didn't dare bring another dog into the house in feared going through the heart break of loosing another dog to parvo. I have since moved and gotten a EB that is my fur baby. When you bring Angel home, what is to prevent her fro. Re catching Parvo? Same as with your other fur baby that had it but has since device red?

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo

I am so very happy that she seems to be on the mend! I was so worried about her...
:(
I am sending many positive thoughts your way!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Still prayers that she continues to get better

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not that informed with Parvovirus, the only thing I really know is that it is super contagious between pups and unvaccinated dogs. My chow chow caught Parvo and died several days later after intensive care. I didn't dare bring another dog into the house in feared going through the heart break of loosing another dog to parvo. I have since moved and gotten a EB that is my fur baby. When you bring Angel home, what is to prevent her fro. Re catching Parvo? Same as with your other fur baby that had it but has since device red?
According to the vet Parvo is like chicken pox, and they can only get it once. Hopefully that's true!

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Our poor little Angel baby spiked a temperature of 104 and has been holding there all day, even after administering pain meds, and antibiotics. They thought she may have pneumonia, and did an xray which came back normal, so now they believe she may be septic. Her regular vet recommended we take her to the overnight clinic here in town, and we did at around 4 today. At midnight tonight I called to check on her, and the tech that answered was extremely rude and only said, "she's resting in her cage" I paused waiting for more information and she said, "and make sure you're here before 8, if not, we'll be forced to lock the doors and leave". I was SHOCKED to hear her say that! I just flubbeled out "Is she still running a fever?" And she said, "No change". So now, here I am sitting in front of the emergency vet's door after going in and saying very unkind things to them, while I wait for 7:20 am.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts to sweet Angel....and some kicks to the behind of that rude tech.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.