Thread: Angel isn't improving...

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ultimate Remy Le Bo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Angel isn't improving...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDogMom View Post
    The vet says she seems to be, slowly, on the mend! Earlier today she was barking, trying to play, and her belly didn't seem as tender. Still not eating, and having diarrhea, but no throwing up! They said they would monitor her throughout the day tomorrow and if she continues to improve we may be able to bring her home Monday! She's probably going to be skin and bones, but a week of cottage cheese, canned food, vitamins, while slowly introducing her back to Fromm's will get her bouncy, Buddha belly self back!
    I am so very happy that she seems to be on the mend! I was so worried about her...

I am sending many positive thoughts your way!!
    The more people I meet...the more I love my bulldog.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Continued prayers for your sweet girl!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The vet says she seems to be, slowly, on the mend! Earlier today she was barking, trying to play, and her belly didn't seem as tender. Still not eating, and having diarrhea, but no throwing up! They said they would monitor her throughout the day tomorrow and if she continues to improve we may be able to bring her home Monday! She's probably going to be skin and bones, but a week of cottage cheese, canned food, vitamins, while slowly introducing her back to Fromm's will get her bouncy, Buddha belly self back!
    Still prayers that she continues to get better
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sircacilence View Post
    I am not that informed with Parvovirus, the only thing I really know is that it is super contagious between pups and unvaccinated dogs. My chow chow caught Parvo and died several days later after intensive care. I didn't dare bring another dog into the house in feared going through the heart break of loosing another dog to parvo. I have since moved and gotten a EB that is my fur baby. When you bring Angel home, what is to prevent her fro. Re catching Parvo? Same as with your other fur baby that had it but has since device red?
    According to the vet Parvo is like chicken pox, and they can only get it once. Hopefully that's true!

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Our poor little Angel baby spiked a temperature of 104 and has been holding there all day, even after administering pain meds, and antibiotics. They thought she may have pneumonia, and did an xray which came back normal, so now they believe she may be septic. Her regular vet recommended we take her to the overnight clinic here in town, and we did at around 4 today. At midnight tonight I called to check on her, and the tech that answered was extremely rude and only said, "she's resting in her cage" I paused waiting for more information and she said, "and make sure you're here before 8, if not, we'll be forced to lock the doors and leave". I was SHOCKED to hear her say that! I just flubbeled out "Is she still running a fever?" And she said, "No change". So now, here I am sitting in front of the emergency vet's door after going in and saying very unkind things to them, while I wait for 7:20 am.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Sending positive and healing thoughts to sweet Angel....and some kicks to the behind of that rude tech.

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I have a question for those following this thread about my tiny baby. When we went to pick her up to transfer her to the emergency clinic this evening her little butt was R A W it's swollen, and BRIGHT red! I actually thought her anus was covered in blood when I started giving her the mommy once over. She had "poop", which is now just slime, dried on her legs, tail, and butt, and semi formed slime caked on her tail pocket. WHY would my vet allow my baby to get this way?! She has diarrhea, BUT she doesn't tuck her tail to make the area more prone to reddness, she can't fight them, and a daily dab with a cold cloth on her tush wouldn't take a minute to do. We mentioned it to the wench mentioned above and all she said was, "she has diarrhea". Duh! Wipe her! Bring me a freaking wet cold wash cloth and I'll dab that baby's butt! Maybe I'm overreacting but if a HUMAN patient was allowed to have diarrhea and it clob up on their butt and iritate it like her tiny butt is the family would be havin' a hangin'!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Poor little thing! I would definitely make sure they know how unhappy you are with their lack of care. I can't imagine how worried you are about this little baby!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have a question for those following this thread about my tiny baby. When we went to pick her up to transfer her to the emergency clinic this evening her little butt was R A W it's swollen, and BRIGHT red! I actually thought her anus was covered in blood when I started giving her the mommy once over. She had "poop", which is now just slime, dried on her legs, tail, and butt, and semi formed slime caked on her tail pocket. WHY would my vet allow my baby to get this way?! She has diarrhea, BUT she doesn't tuck her tail to make the area more prone to reddness, she can't fight them, and a daily dab with a cold cloth on her tush wouldn't take a minute to do. We mentioned it to the wench mentioned above and all she said was, "she has diarrhea". Duh! Wipe her! Bring me a freaking wet cold wash cloth and I'll dab that baby's butt! Maybe I'm overreacting but if a HUMAN patient was allowed to have diarrhea and it clob up on their butt and iritate it like her tiny butt is the family would be havin' a hangin'!
    I would be infuriated and talking to the owner of the practice... that is unacceptable
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

That is unacceptable, don't take her back there again! I would have ripped them a new one. Find a new vet, I'm sitting here wondering if that environment she was in could be the reason why she's not improving. I hate that people are being rude, but don't let that get to you. Find the best place for her, and give her all the loving you can. She needs to see you, hear you, smell you. Dogs respond so well to their mommys & daddys. When our Tyson had gone into respiratory attack and we went in to see him, he was unresponsive. They had him incubated of course, but he just looked dead, laying there on the table. Once we came in and started talking to him, petting him, (I was crying) - his little nose started to twitch, and he started to respond. So much, that he had to take him away because they didn't' want him waking up suddenly, and not being able to breath.

Continued prayers for you and that sweet baby Angel - I just know she can pull through this! Come on Angel, we're all rooting for you!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

GOD bless your little Angel, and bring her through this. And when she makes it,do have a talk with the person in charge. Having the diarrhea would certainly make her red and sore,it is so caustic-but not keeping her as clean as is possible, is inexcusable. I am praying for her to keep on fighting and pull through this. No reason for the "tech" to speak to you that way, either.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    That is unacceptable, don't take her back there again! I would have ripped them a new one. Find a new vet, I'm sitting here wondering if that environment she was in could be the reason why she's not improving. I hate that people are being rude, but don't let that get to you. Find the best place for her, and give her all the loving you can. She needs to see you, hear you, smell you. Dogs respond so well to their mommys & daddys. When our Tyson had gone into respiratory attack and we went in to see him, he was unresponsive. They had him incubated of course, but he just looked dead, laying there on the table. Once we came in and started talking to him, petting him, (I was crying) - his little nose started to twitch, and he started to respond. So much, that he had to take him away because they didn't' want him waking up suddenly, and not being able to breath.

Continued prayers for you and that sweet baby Angel - I just know she can pull through this! Come on Angel, we're all rooting for you! ray:
    I'm going to move her to a new 24 hour vet that just opened a few weeks ago. The family has been in practice here for a very long time, but just recently expanded to emergency/24 hour treatment. The treatment plan for Angel is exactly verbatim what is recommended, although, they dont have 24 hour coverage at our regular vet. The cleanliness problem went further than I thought, too. Her IV blew on them again at the emergency vet last night, and they didn't put another one in. She had the cone of shame on her head, and since she didn't have an IV I took the cone off her, and BAM the smell was absolutely putrid coming from her neck. She had dried "puke", which like her poop is slime, from her mouth down to where the cone was fastened. *sigh* We aren't allowed to see her because she's in isolation. They allowed us a short peek in her cage Sunday morning, and to transport her is the only contact we've had with our baby girl. I just feel terrible....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads