Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
Hello everyone,

I have a seven month English bulldog puppy who likes to hump anything and everything. If he can mount it, he will hump it. It is not that that big of an issue except for when I take him to socialize with other bulldogs at the dog park or when I bring him over to my friends, who also has an English bulldog pup a month older then mine. He does not care if it is male or female, he will hump to his hearts desire unless I pull him off. I don't know what to do about it!! Next Thursday, in six days, I am going to pick up his sister a two year old English bulldog that needed to be rehomed due to unfortunate circumstances. When I bought her, I was so happy that Bo (my English bulldog pup) would have a playmate that I completely forgot about his humping issue until it crossed my mind after I had already purchased his new sister. I feel like he is going to do the happy dance on her non stop? Please...any advice or help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

This is his new sissy who will be coming to live with us in six days!! Her name is Rosie! <33
016d149132de08ee51e6b5f10acee85a5b672fb3be.jpg

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I had the same exact problem with my 7 month old Boris and he had been humping since 8 weeks of age. He would hump everything and even tackle children and mount them. I've been working with it for about 2 months now and he's made a huge improvement when around other dogs and children.

When Boris humps I will push him off and say no. If he gives me any attitude about it I pin him on his back either with my hands or with my mouth (Don't recommended mouth for everyone) around his neck fat until he submits and calms down.

I also bring Boris to my parents house regularly to be around other larger dogs. If he tries to mount them they will surely snap at him which has also helped him realize he can't just mount anything he pleases.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hello everyone,

I have a seven month English bulldog puppy who likes to hump anything and everything. If he can mount it, he will hump it. It is not that that big of an issue except for when I take him to socialize with other bulldogs at the dog park or when I bring him over to my friends, who also has an English bulldog pup a month older then mine. He does not care if it is male or female, he will hump to his hearts desire unless I pull him off. I don't know what to do about it!! Next Thursday, in six days, I am going to pick up his sister a two year old English bulldog that needed to be rehomed due to unfortunate circumstances. When I bought her, I was so happy that Bo (my English bulldog pup) would have a playmate that I completely forgot about his humping issue until it crossed my mind after I had already purchased his new sister. I feel like he is going to do the happy dance on her non stop? Please...any advice or help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

This is his new sissy who will be coming to live with us in six days!! Her name is Rosie! <33
View attachment 83676

would you consider having him fixed?

OP
Sircacilence

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
I had the same exact problem with my 7 month old Boris and he had been humping since 8 weeks of age. He would hump everything and even tackle children and mount them. I've been working with it for about 2 months now and he's made a huge improvement when around other dogs and children.

When Boris humps I will push him off and say no. If he gives me any attitude about it I pin him on his back either with my hands or with my mouth (Don't recommended mouth for everyone) around his neck fat until he submits and calms down.

I also bring Boris to my parents house regularly to be around other larger dogs. If he tries to mount them they will surely snap at him which has also helped him realize he can't just mount anything he pleases.

So once I pull him off and say "No" and he goes right back to doing it, Grab him and say "No" again and then pin him on his back until he calms down?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
stay firm and consistent, everytime he is doing it, stop, NO, and maybe add the spray bottle (water) to the routine.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
So once I pull him off and say "No" and he goes right back to doing it, Grab him and say "No" again and then pin him on his back until he calms down?

Yeah it's gonna take quite a while to break him of that habit. Once pinned don't let him go until he stops trying to get away and calms down. If he continues to go for it try and take ownership of whatever it is that he's humping by standing in front of it and blocking his access. Boris would try and go right back to humping items and I would basically stand on said item and and create a wall showing him that I wouldn't allow it. If he started growling and stepping at me I'd start all over again with the pinning until he submits.

It's only going to get harder the longer he has his marbles though, but then again I know plenty of neutered dogs who still hump everything they see...

Best of luck to all involved!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like others have said be consistent and firm. He will get it, but it will take time. Your new baby is a beauty also. :)

OP
Sircacilence

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
Like others have said be consistent and firm. He will get it, but it will take time. Your new baby is a beauty also. :)

Thank you so much! I cant wait to bring her home this coming Thursday!!
:D

- - - Updated - - -

She is a well trained dog, maybe she could put him in line and teach my little man a few manners?! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's gonna take quite a while to break him of that habit. Once pinned don't let him go until he stops trying to get away and calms down. If he continues to go for it try and take ownership of whatever it is that he's humping by standing in front of it and blocking his access. Boris would try and go right back to humping items and I would basically stand on said item and and create a wall showing him that I wouldn't allow it. If he started growling and stepping at me I'd start all over again with the pinning until he submits.

It's only going to get harder the longer he has his marbles though, but then again I know plenty of neutered dogs who still hump everything they see...

Best of luck to all involved!

Thank you so much, I will start putting this new technique to order right away!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope fully she will put him in his place and that will help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.