MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So...Tank is 5 and I have all but given up on him being "active". He likes to sleep and chew his bone, and eat of course but other than that, he is content with life. Well, we also have a Great Dane puppy who is very active! And suffering major cabin fever as we recently got about 13 inches of snow. So...I got some new treat toys and a laser pointer (the cat toy kind) to beat the indoor blues. I opened the package and scuttled the light all over the floor...and guess who took notice!? Tank loves to chase that little red dot all over!
Of course it has to be in moderation because he is willing to overdo it. I was just happy to seem him playing like a puppy! I highly recommend the laser light in small play quantities. I've heard you can make your dog kind of a nut case if they play with them too often. Lol

image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AWESOME!!

this was one of Banks favorite obsessions! We had to do it in moderation becasue once she played it -- she wanted NOTHING else... no other toy would do, she would just sit and stare at the cabinet we stored it in and wait for us to get it out --- we had to stop all play with it

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Our friend did this with his dog and the dog turned into a nut case. Anytime a watch or anything caught a reflection, the dog went nuts!! lol, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Wow! I have one and I was thinking it might be fun to play with it with Bella. But, I don't want her becoming all obsessive over it.

By the way, your Dane puppy is GORGEOUS! I love the markings.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Aww thanks :) He's cute but naughty!

We definitely limit the laser time. Probably 5 minutes then I put it away so they don't obsess over it! LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You just never know what will set them off. :) Your Dane is a handsome pup.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I need to get one for Walter… but of course in limited use!!! Lol Your puppy is so cute, we need to see more pics of him!!!

Most Reactions