Bouncing back after parvo?

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
The newest addition to the Salyer pack, Jackson, just got over Parvo. He is super skinny, and his fur feels terrible now! Anyone have any advice for helping him bounce back from this, and get back on the right track? we just started switching the girls over to Fromm's in the pink bag from Blue Wilderness Puppy formula, and Jackson is being switched over from digestive health can food to Fromm's. We give our babies NuVet Plus once a day, cottage cheese as a bedtime snack, and a heaping tablespoon of plain active culture yogurt with 2 meals a day. He's eating, but I just hate to see him look SO unhealthy! His little ribs are so prominent, it looks like we've starved him for weeks :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If you can, maybe add a lunch meal for him till he gains his weight back?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It won't take long for him to bounce back, our Winston did as soon as he got over the Parvo.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
If you can, maybe add a lunch meal for him till he gains his weight back?
We feed them three meals a day right now, my husband does breakfast and he can't ever remember to give them yogurt, lol!

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Now my little Angel baby has it! She's doing really well according to the emergency vet. I dropped her off at her regular vet this morning and I'm going to call around 2 to see what the plan is for her. Shew! No sleep in the Salyer household this week! My hubbs is looking like a zombie! Thank God for makeup, coffee, and extra shots of espresso!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Now my little Angel baby has it! She's doing really well according to the emergency vet. I dropped her off at her regular vet this morning and I'm going to call around 2 to see what the plan is for her. Shew! No sleep in the Salyer household this week! My hubbs is looking like a zombie! Thank God for makeup, coffee, and extra shots of espresso!

OH NO! hope she rebounds quickly!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Best wishes and prayers that all your pups do well, and get through this okay. Wondering how they could have been exposed to Parvo?

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby

Oh no hope she gets better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Oh no...sorry to hear it spread. Hopefully Angel is as quick to bounce back as Jackson. As far as he is concerned sounds like your already giving him lots of good stuff, I'm sure it will be no time at all before he looks and feels great again.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Best wishes and prayers that all your pups do well, and get through this okay. Wondering how they could have been exposed to Parvo?
I'm guess our 1/26 vet visit. That's all I can really think of? The weather has been gross so we haven't really been anywhere, that I can remember, as a pack.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, the report from the vet when I called at around 5:30 wasn't as good as I would have hoped. They said she's had blowout bloody diarrhea a couple times since I dropped her off at 8. Our little Angel babe is going to need a lot of prayers!
After battling this with Jackson, and 3 nights at the emergency vet we're pretty well broke! We've spent over $2,500 dollars just on vet bills this week. We made a VERY hard decision to leave Angel unsupervised for the night at the vet. We just DO NOT have another $800 dollars to give the emergency vet for just one night of treatment. I'll be stalking the vet parking lot at 7:30 in the morning to make sure our baby girl is okay. I feel like such a bad dog parent.....the vet let us decide whether to leave her there or take her, so hopefully that means she is out of the critical stage.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Continuing prayer and being hopeful that your babies will all recover very soon.

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
Oh no...I hope your little girl is okay! My heart will break for you if she does not pull through! :( Does anyone know the chances of survival of Parvo in the English Bulldog breed? Sending happy thoughts your way!! Hope everything is okay with your baby girl in the morning.

emily3

Jul 28, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Months late, but my 8 week old puppy just got over parvo. The vet told us it was 50/50 and that because we caught it early, he had a better chance of making it. Its all about timing. They are also less likely to pull through if they aren't taken to the vet, because they do not want to eat/drink. So the IVs they provide help

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.