How did you train your Bully to skateboard. Beaker's new board.

chemist

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaker
I just bought Beaker a skateboard. It was the widest I could find without breaking the bank. She is almost a 18month old. Should I have tried this earlier when she was younger. I want to get some advice before she even sees(and possibly hates) the board.

duff.jpg

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I gave Boris a skateboard when he was 10 weeks old so he would get used to the noise they make when moving. I started off just setting him on top of it and pulling it slowing towards me. Once he was more comfortable climbing up and down off the board we took it outside. he does a good job of pushing around with 2 feet on the board, but he freaks out as soon as he gets all 4's up. I can't wait for the snow to melt so we can use the basketball court next to us to practice boarding together :)

I'd say she may be a bit spooked at first, but I'm sure she'll love her new toy once she gets used to the noises.

skateboardboris.jpg

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Goob loved his skateboard when he was little. We never stuck with the training but he did enjoy it while it lasted.

My husband first just made him sit on the board. He had a natural interest in it and he was never afraid of the sound. I pushed the board down a SMALL incline and my husband was at the bottom waiting. If Goob jumped off, we would go back to the top and make him sit and try again.

I think for a little while, we put is harness and leash on and kind of guided him down the street. He began to put two legs on it and push it on his own but he never had control. I'm not sure how to train for that!

Lots of treats. If he isnt comfortable on it, you can sit on it with him and hold him just to make sure he eases his way into the training.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online