Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question- Bully Bedtime?

Dozer and Blossom are on a schedule as well, but it's more our schedule than theirs. They wake up around 6:00 or 6:30 am, and go out for their potty, then they get breakfast. They usually go back to sleep until about 9:00 or 9:30. They are out around the house all day and will play, then snuggle on the couch with someone, or they will lay on the floor and sleep. If we go out, we crate them and they will sleep when we aren't home. There is usually always someone home, so this is very rare. IN the evening they eat dinner at about 6:30, and they will go out potty at about 7:00. Their last walk at night is between 10:00 and 11:00 pm and then they will snuggle with anyone who is up, which is usually me and my son, we are night owls and usually go to bed late, whoever goes to bed late will place them in their crates for the night.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boris Bullski
    Likes (Received)

Boris is usually passed out on the couch or half way on his bed around 10pm and will sleep until 630am. We average about 2-3 police sirens a night and Boris does not take to well to being woken up suddenly so it can be an adventure in an instant!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Am I the only one with bulldogs that sleeps basically ALL the time Here we get ready for bed between 8-9pm, they go out... or rather I have to beg and nag to get them to leave their beds to go out and pee before bedtime.

On weekends Bennie sometimes wakes me up at around 7am, it depends on the weather, if it's cloudy and cold he stays in bed. The girls stays in bed till we get up no matter how late. During the weeks they sometimes get up with us before 6am but if they do it's only to transfer to the beds in the tv-room instead... then the sleeping continues...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

Depends what we are doing, Bazza has a beanbag in the living room, that is where he sleeps, he barely ever moves and likes to get out of bed 10.00ish, but he is quite often kicked out before then, he spends alot of time on his beanbag.
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Question- Bully Bedtime?

Vegas loves to sleep. He's pestering his dad by 9:30pm to go to bed. Sometimes (like last night) he will head up to bed right after dinner. He will make the trip downstairs to pester Mark if he still hasn't turned in for the night. I get up at 6:30 and I have to literally pull Vegas out of bed at 8am for breakfast. If I'm not quick enough and I neglect to block the bottom of the stairs I will find him back in bed right after breakfast. Orion is my late night girl. Her and I stay up until the wee hours of the morning. Usually she is crashed on the couch with me. Mark gets up between 4:30 and 5:30 (depending how early Vegas dragged him to bed) and lets Orion out of her kennel. She will monitor her dad while he eats and I usually find her crashed on the couch when I get up. She will then monitor me while I eat.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Question- Bully Bedtime?

Ruby goes to bed when we go so around 9:30pm although she's waiting at the bottom of the stairs or pestering one of us from around 8:30 on weekdays I wake her up around 6:30am although it takes around 10 -15 minutes to get her to come down for breakfast (she hates weekdays) on weekends it's a completely different story she wakes up at the crack of dawn and springs out of bed although she's still pestering to go bed from around 8:30pm on the weekends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I used to have a bulldog--this is when my kids were still at home--the kids and I would usually stay up late. My husband would always get in bed early, maybe 8:30 or 9:00. Rosie would always "put him to bed." She would snuggle in with him until he fell asleep and then get up and come back in with us. She had a bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out). Roy always said that's when he knew how much she loved him because she'd much rather be up with us, but she never let him go to bed alone. I sure miss that girl!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

We're on a very similar schedule as @Vikinggirl. Chubbs gets up 6-6:30 am with hubby. He tries to feed Chubbs but for the past few weeks he's become lazy and stays sleeping. So much so that hubby can't even take him out for potty. Back in the crate for a few hours. I feed him and give water around 10-11, then take him about 10 minutes later. We take him out every few hours for potty and a walk. In between he's either sleeping or trying to play with the cats (they're not fond of him getting so close). Dinner is 6:30-7:30, then potty. Last potty/walk is 10-11. Then into the crate he goes for bed.

Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the schedules everyone. We are on night number four and all has gone well. Into their crates at 9pm for bed, sleep until 5am, out for a potty, send dad off to work, then onto the couch with mom for a snuggle and a few more hours of sleep. No fuss to go to bed, no barking or crying through the night and both crates are clean and DRY in the morning. This is one happy bully mom. Took us a few months to get here but it was worth it!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Weekdays Wheezie and Abbott go to bed ( their crate) whenever my husband wakes up off the couch and I wake them up at 530 every morning for their breakfast and potty.Weekends no set bedtime or wake up.They are on my schedule mostly..

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Frank goes in around 8 and is up around 8... he's such a snoozer.

Country
    Tokyo Japan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kucha
    Likes (Received)

Kucha usually wakes me up between 6 and 7 AM and usually settle down between 10and 11 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads