Thread: now I'm super confused

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default now I'm super confused

My morning went like this:

1. Fed Chubbs but he didn't want any water afterwards. Just walked around for a bit, sat at the door and walked around again. I had an article of clothing on the couch, so he decided to go check that out. I walked semi-quickly so he wouldn't get it. Then I stood on the couch. He waited a second, and walked away. Next he decided to lay under the coffee table 2x. Each time he went under it, I stood on it (he's claimed the table.) It took a couple seconds and a little noise but he scurried away. Finally, we went outside. Did his business.

2. Had to move my car back after the plows came thru. Because we needed more snow on top of the storm we just had. *sarcasm* Anyway, Chubbs wouldn't get outta the car. So I stood there. The alpha never follows. Good thing a neighbor came home because I don't know how long I would've been standing there. Chubbs jumped right out, wagging his little butt. Finally got to go inside. It feels like it's in the negatives here.

3. Chubbs decided to keep going on the couch so I had to keep claiming the it. He's definitely not fond of me claiming anything. I sat down and he started licking my feet! Not sure how I feel about that (his mouth so close.)

Anyone please explain why he's actually walking away when I claim something? And why he's licking my feet? Time for work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1422985371608-jpg  

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: now I'm super confused

He's probably walking away because he's giving in to you. Regarding the feet, well- I'm gonna guess they're salty or you put lotion on them. Only because I noticed dogs like to lick sweaty and skin that's been lotioned (is that word? lol)

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    He's probably walking away because he's giving in to you. Regarding the feet, well- I'm gonna guess they're salty or you put lotion on them. Only because I noticed dogs like to lick sweaty and skin that's been lotioned (is that word? lol)
    Lotioned, haha, I think people can make up anyword! We have noticed he likes to lick hubby's neck (he's always sweating, icky!) Giving in? But not drinking any water? Makes me nervous. He didn't eat any snow!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

That is actually great news! Walking away means - you win. So happy to hear, and also love that face!!!! Licking feet is a usual thing for us.... Tyson will lick us all the time, I personally think its a sign of affection. I could be totally wrong, but I would just praise him for being a good boy I love how diligent you are being with him, its all the best for the both of you!!!

The water issue - in my own personal experience - I will notice that Tyson may or may not drink the same everyday, but he knows when he needs it. Just this one time is fine, just monitor him thru the day..... If you notice he's not drinking at all for a day or two then maybe check it out. (Add chicken broth to water, we do coconut water) Oh, and make sure his bowl is nice & clean (stainless steal is best)

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    That is actually great news! Walking away means - you win. So happy to hear, and also love that face!!!! Licking feet is a usual thing for us.... Tyson will lick us all the time, I personally think its a sign of affection. I could be totally wrong, but I would just praise him for being a good boy I love how diligent you are being with him, its all the best for the both of you!!!
    Okay, thanks! Yea, we love that face also!

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Him walking away means he's caving in by having your way. If that is the case, that is a good thing.

The licking part, could mean that he is recognizing you now as the sauce boss, my master and I am not worthy, or simply because your skin is full of flavor, as nybullymama said, it is perhaps the salt content or lotion in the skin.
    Hug your bully today

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I think him walking away can only be positive, he lets it go and you win

My dogs love to lick my legs and feet, they all do it except for Boeboe, she's not the affectionate type
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

@harveyspecter @Petra Really? I'm jumping up and down right now from happiness! Thank you!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

We had some aggression issues in the past and we had a trainer come to the house to help. At one time, one of my dogs started licking my legs and the trainer said that it's a submissive gesture. I always thought is was salt or lotion too!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I definetly think chubbs is starting to recognize you as the Leader! Yay!! good work. Now no matter what, don't stop. You must do this each and every time he claims something. As far as the licking, it could be affection, but I also know Brutus loves to lick lotion off! Who knows, but excellent work so far!!!!
    My smooshy face boy!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

not sure of the licking either... Banks LOVED to lick Lewis, but she rarely did me -- only time she did is when i was right out of the shower, she would lick my legs.

The walk away --- YOU WIN!!!! Stay consistent, he is getting it and learning that Mom is alpha!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I definetly think chubbs is starting to recognize you as the Leader! Yay!! good work. Now no matter what, don't stop. You must do this each and every time he claims something. As far as the licking, it could be affection, but I also know Brutus loves to lick lotion off! Who knows, but excellent work so far!!!!
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    not sure of the licking either... Banks LOVED to lick Lewis, but she rarely did me -- only time she did is when i was right out of the shower, she would lick my legs.

The walk away --- YOU WIN!!!! Stay consistent, he is getting it and learning that Mom is alpha!
    Yay!

Remove Ads