binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
My morning went like this:

1. Fed Chubbs but he didn't want any water afterwards. Just walked around for a bit, sat at the door and walked around again. I had an article of clothing on the couch, so he decided to go check that out. I walked semi-quickly so he wouldn't get it. Then I stood on the couch. He waited a second, and walked away. Next he decided to lay under the coffee table 2x. Each time he went under it, I stood on it (he's claimed the table.) It took a couple seconds and a little noise but he scurried away. Finally, we went outside. Did his business.

2. Had to move my car back after the plows came thru. Because we needed more snow on top of the storm we just had. *sarcasm* Anyway, Chubbs wouldn't get outta the car. So I stood there. The alpha never follows. Good thing a neighbor came home because I don't know how long I would've been standing there. Chubbs jumped right out, wagging his little butt. Finally got to go inside. It feels like it's in the negatives here.

3. Chubbs decided to keep going on the couch so I had to keep claiming the it. He's definitely not fond of me claiming anything. I sat down and he started licking my feet! Not sure how I feel about that (his mouth so close.)

Anyone please explain why he's actually walking away when I claim something? And why he's licking my feet? Time for work.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422985371608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422985371608.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 129

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He's probably walking away because he's giving in to you. Regarding the feet, well- I'm gonna guess they're salty or you put lotion on them. Only because I noticed dogs like to lick sweaty and skin that's been lotioned (is that word? lol)

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
He's probably walking away because he's giving in to you. Regarding the feet, well- I'm gonna guess they're salty or you put lotion on them. Only because I noticed dogs like to lick sweaty and skin that's been lotioned (is that word? lol)

Lotioned, haha, I think people can make up anyword! We have noticed he likes to lick hubby's neck (he's always sweating, icky!) Giving in? But not drinking any water? Makes me nervous. He didn't eat any snow!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That is actually great news! Walking away means - you win. So happy to hear, and also love that face!!!! Licking feet is a usual thing for us.... Tyson will lick us all the time, I personally think its a sign of affection. I could be totally wrong, but I would just praise him for being a good boy :) I love how diligent you are being with him, its all the best for the both of you!!!

The water issue - in my own personal experience - I will notice that Tyson may or may not drink the same everyday, but he knows when he needs it. Just this one time is fine, just monitor him thru the day..... If you notice he's not drinking at all for a day or two then maybe check it out. (Add chicken broth to water, we do coconut water) Oh, and make sure his bowl is nice & clean (stainless steal is best)

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
That is actually great news! Walking away means - you win. So happy to hear, and also love that face!!!! Licking feet is a usual thing for us.... Tyson will lick us all the time, I personally think its a sign of affection. I could be totally wrong, but I would just praise him for being a good boy :) I love how diligent you are being with him, its all the best for the both of you!!!

Okay, thanks! [emoji2] Yea, we love that face also! [emoji173]

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Him walking away means he's caving in by having your way. If that is the case, that is a good thing.

The licking part, could mean that he is recognizing you now as the sauce boss, my master and I am not worthy, or simply because your skin is full of flavor, as nybullymama said, it is perhaps the salt content or lotion in the skin.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I think him walking away can only be positive, he lets it go and you win:)

My dogs love to lick my legs and feet, they all do it except for Boeboe, she's not the affectionate type:tongue:

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] Really? I'm jumping up and down right now from happiness! Thank you! [emoji4]

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
We had some aggression issues in the past and we had a trainer come to the house to help. At one time, one of my dogs started licking my legs and the trainer said that it's a submissive gesture. I always thought is was salt or lotion too!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I definetly think chubbs is starting to recognize you as the Leader! Yay!! good work. Now no matter what, don't stop. You must do this each and every time he claims something. As far as the licking, it could be affection, but I also know Brutus loves to lick lotion off! Who knows, but excellent work so far!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
not sure of the licking either... Banks LOVED to lick Lewis, but she rarely did me -- only time she did is when i was right out of the shower, she would lick my legs.

The walk away --- YOU WIN!!!! Stay consistent, he is getting it and learning that Mom is alpha! :wiggle: :wiggle:

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I definetly think chubbs is starting to recognize you as the Leader! Yay!! good work. Now no matter what, don't stop. You must do this each and every time he claims something. As far as the licking, it could be affection, but I also know Brutus loves to lick lotion off! Who knows, but excellent work so far!!!!

Thank you! :yes:

- - - Updated - - -

not sure of the licking either... Banks LOVED to lick Lewis, but she rarely did me -- only time she did is when i was right out of the shower, she would lick my legs.

The walk away --- YOU WIN!!!! Stay consistent, he is getting it and learning that Mom is alpha! :wiggle: :wiggle:

Yay! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.