Harnesses

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Need to buy new ones for the boys. But every time we try one on, the top strap is too close to the neck. So when the lead gets attached and we pull (even a little bit), it rides up and pulls
against the neck. This is exactly what we're trying to avoid.

This has happened with every single harness we've tried. Defeats the purpose of using a harness as opposed to a collar.

Can someone recommend one that does not ride up on the neck when you pull on the lead? Also, the D-rings need to be on the back, not front.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem...:unsure:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I just bought our guys the K9 Julius Harnesses last summer. I love these harnesses, they are lightweight, easy to put on and take off, and really help with pulling when they walk. They are the same harnesses that they use in the military and to train police dogs. You can buy them on line at K9 Julius USA, or from Amazon. Many other members have ordered these harnesses as well and are really happy with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 241

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
View attachment 83542View attachment 83543View attachment 83544View attachment 83545View attachment 83546I just bought our guys the K9 Julius Harnesses last summer. I love these harnesses, they are lightweight, easy to put on and take off, and really help with pulling when they walk. They are the same harnesses that they use in the military and to train police dogs. You can buy them on line at K9 Julius USA, or from Amazon. Many other members have ordered these harnesses as well and are really happy with them.

I agree! Winnie has one of these and it is great!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Does it pull against their necks if you pull on the lead?? That's my main concern.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Can I ask why you need the hook/connection to be on the back? I use the Easy Walk with Bella, which hooks in the front. It works wonders for her and it doesn't pull on her neck at all.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@nycbullymama I use Lupine STEP IN harnesses, have them on all my dogs. If they get chewed, or have any problems they will replace them free. They do not get up to their necks, when they pull. I have been using them for quite awhile, and they have chewed one or two(when younger) and Lupine replaced them immediately. They are strong-and don't stretch like a lot of them do. You can look on their website.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm using easy walk now.
Issue is Wellie, he's constantly getting tangled in the lead and all I do on each walk (every 20-30 seconds) is lift his paw to pull out the lead. He doesn't pull enough so I don't need to use it.
Blue gets annoyed when the lead gets stuck under a leg so he always lifts it on his own and I pull it out.. Wellie hasn't mastered that and don't think he ever will..lol..

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] thanks, will look into them.. (weird, i'm not getting my @ again )

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use the Dozer harnesses from Carolina Pet Pantry. They have worked great for us so far.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Will check out the Dozer one too.

At this point, I think I may order all 3 and just see what works best.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The K9 Julius doesn't pull on the neck at all, the hook for the leash is on the back. I think ddnene (Tracey ) and Phil both have the K9 harnesses as well.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor now has this great Hurtta Y-harness. It's padded and soft (the padding is made of neoprene) and it seems more comfortable than his previous one which was a Lupine step-in (good harness, but Castor had some bald patches which we think were caused by that harness). Not sure if products from Hurtta are available in the US, though?castor_tongue.jpg

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus's main harness is his Kong harness with a "traffic loop" -- basically a padded handle that you can grab to redirect him or just hang onto him. I tried to find some good pictures of it. You can clip the leash in the front or back. I like it a lot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422912801.214063.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422912812.197390.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422912823.297857.jpg

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The Julius K9 is hands down the BEST harness IMO. The dogs get compliments all the time when we take it out, and NO it doesn't pull on the neck at all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.