URGENT -- anyone have a contact in Florida for a rescue?!?!?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Hey guys -- does anyone have any contacts at the Florida English Bulldog rescues? Or any Florida people looking to rescue what appears to be a scared and neglected female bulldog? :pray::(

I came across this picture that was on an "urgent dogs" page someone posted on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/urgentdogsofmiami/photos_stream

She is at the Miami Dade Animal Services, which is super high kill. This just makes my heart hurt -- I want to help her get out so badly, but I'm not sure where to start. It looks like she may have been dumped by a puppy mill, but I really don't know.

10443382_921256681242069_7075922626698424120_n.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Her picture makes me cry... She looks like she's sitting on death row, attached to that stone wall. That poor girl.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The local rescues are usually contacted by the shelters right away, The best thing to do is to call the shelter and find out if the bulldog already has a hold placed or if a rescue has already been in contact with them. If not I believe adopt-a-bull rescue would be the closest to Miami Dade

She's beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
The local rescues are usually contacted by the shelters right away, The best thing to do is to call the shelter and find out if the bulldog already has a hold placed or if a rescue has already been in contact with them. If not I believe adopt-a-bull rescue would be the closest to Miami Dade

She's beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I hope they have a hold on her, I'll call tomorrow.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
She's being pulled by a rescue the second her stray hold is up!!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I will say that "shelter" doesn't make it easy for you to help any animal. I'm at work so I just put the phone on mute and waited it out, but I was on hold for almost 30 minutes until someone picked up and then another 10 while they checked on her status.

But hooray she's going to be safe and finally have someone love her!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
She's being pulled by a rescue the second her stray hold is up!!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I will say that "shelter" doesn't make it easy for you to help any animal. I'm at work so I just put the phone on mute and waited it out, but I was on hold for almost 30 minutes until someone picked up and then another 10 while they checked on her status.

Great News!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's GREAT! You have a heart of gold Jackie to check on her.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

Excellent! Thank you for working so hard for her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

AWESOME!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I wish I saw this earlier I would have contacted Buddies thru Bullies. So happy it worked out though. Thanks for your efforts in saving her!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online