the video worked!

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
My dad sent me 2 César Milan videos, both for food and toy aggressive dogs. One of the dogs was 12 year old and the owners ad been dealing with the behavior the entire time! César came in and just slowly stood over the food bowl, acting as an alpha claiming the food. We tried it and bam, it worked! Hubby tried it first, claiming the food and area. Chubbs walked away and laid down.

My turn. I let Chubbs start to eat then slowly claim the food. He moved alright but not without growling and biting my foot first. Good thing I had shoes on because I'd be in the hospital if I didn't wear shoes. He moved away slowly while I claimed the food. He was definitely shocked that I had done that. He laid down, I waited until hubby and I both felt as though Chubbs had submitted. Then I gave him the food.

I gained so much confidence after this. :D

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTxSrfWYjW0

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12912]binxrexchubbs[/MENTION] Wow! That video was great, and it's so wonderful of your Dad to be interested in helping! I think this is exactly the video you needed and it will certainly build your confidence with Chubbs! This looks like the solution to your problems-you just have to be calm and confident, as Cesar shows!! I am so excited for you about this!!
You go girl!!:happydance: If you are worried-wear boots!!

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
@binxrexchubbs Wow! That video was great, and it's so wonderful of your Dad to be interested in helping! I think this is exactly the video you needed and it will certainly build your confidence with Chubbs! This looks like the solution to your problems-you just have to be calm and confident, as Cesar shows!! I am so excited for you about this!!
You go girl!!:happydance: If you are worried-wear boots!!

Haha, I think boots are a must for a bit.
Both my parents were researching info for me. Thank you!:D

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
That really is awesome and I think the world of Cesar but how exciting for you guys to feel like you now have some control over the situation!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FANTASTIC... so happy -- first step, but if gain confidence from it.. that step is GIGANTIC! :wiggle: :wiggle:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Yay! I'm glad something is finally working. Keep up the work, it will all be worth it when you have a model bully.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.