When the child is the jealous one... (plus some pics!)

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Hey everyone!
Winslow loves our daughter. He loves everyone. Most of all, he loves my husband and me.... Which is causing some jealousy (I'm not sure if that's the right word exactly) with my daughter. They have just bonded differently and she has a hard time understanding that.

I think that what upsets her most is that ANYone can walk in the door and get a wonderful homecoming greeting, except for her. Her best friend especially, honestly I'd be pissed about that too!!

She goes out of her way to make sure she gets to him first and he goes, "Nope! Where's my papa, where's my mama?"

This is not to say there is no bond. She is sure to get in her cuddle time with him, and he always accepts. I am sure that if he's on my lap in the chair and i get up, she hops in my spot as soon as she can.

It's just that the excitement to see her is really not there. I can see why it stings, and if i were in her shoes I'm pretty sure it would hurt me too. :(

We have her feeding him as often as she can, with no change. Sometimes she takes the leash on our walks but she doesn't always have her Leader Pants on and that can just make it worse! We play outside together and when she throws a toy for him, she makes him sit and wait while she walks away, or do something else, and then throws it. So there is a little bit of pack leader stuff going on.

Can you think of anything she can do to change this a little? A toy or game that only they share... Something?

Lastly.....
I always pay with pics! :p

Taken a few days ago...

Looks like he is being propelled through the snow!

And of course, the girl and her dog.

:heart:

Thanks all! :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love the pictures! Looks like he loves his sister-the picture of them together is so sweet. My kids are long grown-so I really don't know......unless you get him a favorite toy that only she and he play with together,so they bond more. Or a "special" treat(a little bribery never hurts) that only she gives him when she comes home-like keep a small bag in her pocket.....He probably just takes her for granted-just like brothers and sisters do! Just must say that the photos are great!

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]
I think the treat thing is a great idea! Ahh! Definitely worth a try!

And thanks for the compliments! My phone's camera was broken for months so i hadn't taken many pictures, and realized that i got used to not taking pictures of him! :eek: The boy loooovvves his snow, perfect opportunity for a little photo shoot. :D

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Wow what great pics! Love the third one, looks like those hidden camouflage pictures, can you spot the bully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Great photos Winslow is a great looking boy :)

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Wow what great pics! Love the third one, looks like those hidden camouflage pictures, can you spot the bully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahh, yes! Thanks!

Great photos Winslow is a great looking boy :)
Thanks so much. Super in love with him. :heart:

He is absolutely gorgeous! I love his coloring...and that face!
Soooo handsome haha. The one thing I'm not modest about 😎😋

I think i love his one ear the most, stripey and spotty. You can kind of see it in the last picture.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Beautiful pictures of Winslow!
Maybe have your daughter feed Winslow for a few weeks or so.
Thanks!
He doesn't eat til after she goes to school, but most nights she will feed him dinner.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ge is a cutie pie. I think as she gets older they will get closer, but he will always have his favorites.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what beautiful photos... love them all.

Banks was like that with me.... it was ALL about Daddy and I did ALL the work with her, she just bonded with him more

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Ge is a cutie pie. I think as she gets older they will get closer, but he will always have his favorites.
Thanks David.
Hopefilly they will get closer as they grow, otherwise she is planning on her "own" bulldog!

what beautiful photos... love them all.

Banks was like that with me.... it was ALL about Daddy and I did ALL the work with her, she just bonded with him more
That must have been so frustrating!! We got lucky in that he loves on us equally, just not my daughter! I think all she wants is for him to greet her at the door, so if we can find a way to make that happen hopefully we'll all be happy. :p

Beautiful pics.. really great shots.
Thanks so much!! :D :heart:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think the treats is a good idea. You can tell by the pics he really loves her. Winslow looks great. He is such a handsome boy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.