Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I feel absolutely awful!

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    Apologies for the delay in response. That's great that you found Frasier a good home! Maybe the trainer uses him as a role model for new 'clients'. And hopefully you feel more comfortable when hubby isn't home. It's awful when people mistreat any animal. I don't know how they can do that.

Surprisingly, I'm starting to feel more comfortable around Chubbs. However, I still do not want to go ANYWHERE near his mouth. *shaking head*

Hubby and I have been putting into practice the Ceasar Milan techniques. And the work fabulously, of course they would, haha. Chubbs is a smart cookie, he's learning real fast. Still needs practice but at least he's learning... as am I. It is hard to be calm so I do my absolute best to think of something that makes me feel confident. I'm definitely excited for our first lesson.
    Chubbs is still so young, I really think he will get over it with some help I don't know if anyone mentioned this before... did this issue come up quickly? Sometimes aggression can come from pain, it can be almost anything, hurting hips, broken tooth, muscle pain... anything really, but if he's calm and happy when not around food or toys it's probably not pain related... Looking forward to hear about his progress with the training lessons
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I feel absolutely awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Chubbs is still so young, I really think he will get over it with some help I don't know if anyone mentioned this before... did this issue come up quickly? Sometimes aggression can come from pain, it can be almost anything, hurting hips, broken tooth, muscle pain... anything really, but if he's calm and happy when not around food or toys it's probably not pain related... Looking forward to hear about his progress with the training lessons
    Yes, it kinda came out of nowhere. We thought he might've been hurt as well but the vet said he was okay. And it's a 180. One minute he's Bruce Banner the next he's Hulk. He's very excited to see other people and dogs. It takes him awhile to calm down, I'm talking hours! We figure is just the puppy phase. However when it comes to food, toys, etc... Chubbs is just not the same dog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads